Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC woes again

Hi all,

My AC woes continue in that the known 'good' condenser I had fitted by CPC a few months ago has failed (I can see green goop on the front of the rad with the bonnet open) - having had it regassed again a few weeks ago.

Anyway, does anyone know where I should look for a 'new' condenser (ECP, GFS) and more to the point, what I should expect to pay to have it fitted and the system regassed?

thanks in advance
    andrew

2005, E46 M3 Carbon Black
    2007, X3 3.0d M Sport

I had to replace my condenser after my engine rebuild! Had a nasty dent in it exactly where the leak was For the condenser a new drier fitment and the re gas it cost me about £325.
    I know the guy who did mine but and im pretty sure this is the price he would of charged anyone else. He also said that the driers need to be replaced every 3 years, hence why i replaced it.

Comment

That sounds about right to me - I was charged 2 hours labour to fit a condensor and drier, and around £50 for the regas. Parts were £150'ish from GSF.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
        I had to replace my condenser after my engine rebuild! Had a nasty dent in it exactly where the leak was For the condenser a new drier fitment and the re gas it cost me about £325.
        I know the guy who did mine but and im pretty sure this is the price he would of charged anyone else. He also said that the driers need to be replaced every 3 years, hence why i replaced it.
        ok, thanks very much, this sounds ok... I called Phil at CPC who said to fit and regas would be £150 (wanted a couple of opinions) + parts.

Ashley, can you drop me his details.

2007, X3 3.0d M Sport

Comment

I cant find his number at the moment but i will try and get it tomorrow and pass it on to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
            I cant find his number at the moment but i will try and get it tomorrow and pass it on to you.
            Cheers Ashley,

Oh does anyone know what one I would need for a May 2000 Build S50;
            http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/BM...ing/Condensers

there are predictably 2 of them.. one £70 more expensive!
            Last edited by andrewturner; 09-08-2010, 07:51 PM.

2007, X3 3.0d M Sport

Comment

if you put your chassis details into real oem it should give you the correct part number. you could also try bmminiparts.com

Comment

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...46&hg=64&fg=55

Comment

Originally posted by andrewturner View Post
                  Hi all,

My AC woes continue in that the known 'good' condenser I had fitted by CPC a few months ago has failed (I can see green goop on the front of the rad with the bonnet open) - having had it regassed again a few weeks ago.

Anyway, does anyone know where I should look for a 'new' condenser (ECP, GFS) and more to the point, what I should expect to pay to have it fitted and the system regassed?

thanks in advance
                  andrew
                  I didn't realise it got that hot in Surrey!

I'm all for keeping cars in top condition, but you're flogging a dead horse with the A/C in these cars IMO. Mine's failed twice, I know lots of other people have had multiple failures, it's totally unnecessary 90 % of the time since the electric windows have proven to be very reliable and it's the kind of thing I would only fix now if I was selling... All IMO of course!!

Then again, I live in the arctic circle...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. N View Post
                    I didn't realise it got that hot in Surrey!

I'm all for keeping cars in top condition, but you're flogging a dead horse with the A/C in these cars IMO. Mine's failed twice, I know lots of other people have had multiple failures, it's totally unnecessary 90 % of the time since the electric windows have proven to be very reliable and it's the kind of thing I would only fix now if I was selling... All IMO of course!!

Then again, I live in the arctic circle...
                    LOL... you've never been to Surrey then!

I'm one of those people who like to ensure everything works on a car, so the poorly performing AC is just a bit annoying. Also, its pretty uncomfortable on a long journey without it working properly, speaking from experience coming back from the 'ring 2 weeks ago.

Just phoned ECP and for a condenser and receiver dryer, they want £150 (including a BMW OC discount).

Will get this fitted asap.

2007, X3 3.0d M Sport

Comment

Working...
                    X