Outside / ambient temperature sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside / ambient temperature sensor

Outside temp sensor has never worked since i owned the car, it always read -10, i recently removed the stereo to have a look at a heater control panel bulb (on order) and replace the headunit at the same time, found the ground wire had come out of the audio wiring harness ! Must have been like that since the old stereo was fitted as it was not easy to get back in, don't think it could have fallen out, since putting it back my temp sensor is showing a different temp, this morning it was reading a plausible +10 but it gradually went down to about -10 and the needle is constantly quivering, i was considering ordering a sensor, quoted £130 from dealer, but now im not sure, could it be wiring or even the gauge ? Any similar experiences here ?

I really do think as our cars are getting older most "shortages" are cured by generally cleaning conectors first!

Comment

Mine does the same but have got a temp sensor (not cheap!) being replaced tomorrow at the dealers so will see if it fixes the issue.

Comment

Let me know how you get on, and if you don't mind how much you paid for the sensor, Thanks.

Originally posted by S50Missile View Post
        Mine does the same but have got a temp sensor (not cheap!) being replaced tomorrow at the dealers so will see if it fixes the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Steely View Post
          Let me know how you get on, and if you don't mind how much you paid for the sensor, Thanks.
          It was £117 inc vat, replaced and seems to be working fine now!

Comment

Working...
          X