Dash Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Bulbs

I just wondered if anyone had experience replacing the small bulb that illuminates the heater fan switch? Mine had become detached after the radio/CD was replaced (ie it must have been dislodged). I've taken the radio back out and removed the side panel beneath the gear lever, so I've viewed the rear of the heater switch from above and below but can't establish how the small bulb holder fixes to the rear of the heater switch to illuminate it.
    Any ideas?
    Many thanks
    S54 M Coupe
    D5 Alpina Touring

Some details here,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11978
    Last edited by Dave P; 17-02-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Nice one Dave, as always. Need to find out which bulb I'm dealing with but hopefully more straight forward now
      S54 M Coupe
      D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

is the //MCoupe sign on the dash meant to illuminate?

Comment

Originally posted by Elias1987 View Post
          is the //MCoupe sign on the dash meant to illuminate?
          nope .......................

Comment

I'm just wondering if this bulb replacement is beyond the skills of the amateur enthusiast! I'm fairly sure it's the 2nd, lower bulb holder that's come away,but I can neither see nor feel where it's supposed to fit back either by looking from above (the radio opening ) or below/to the driver's side (the panel beneath and to the front of the gearlever). I'll maybe have another go later
            S54 M Coupe
            D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Howiez View Post
              I'm just wondering if this bulb replacement is beyond the skills of the amateur enthusiast! I'm fairly sure it's the 2nd, lower bulb holder that's come away,but I can neither see nor feel where it's supposed to fit back either by looking from above (the radio opening ) or below/to the driver's side (the panel beneath and to the front of the gearlever). I'll maybe have another go later
              I managed to do it so you should be able to

Comment

couple of pictures which should help,

Comment

That's great, thanks.Looks a bit scary but will have a try over the weekend
                  S54 M Coupe
                  D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Mate...if the bulb is out there will be hole ! the side panels do bend back quite a bit.

Comment

Well I've done it at last, but it wasn't easy! Turns out the central bulb had blown, I broke the old bulb removing it! I now have 2 working bulbs at the heater controls.

The bulb holder floating about must be from elsewhere, I'm wondering if there should be one for the cigarette lighter?

If I had to do this again it would be ok, but there's been a steep learning curve. Thanks for the advice.

One more question: ever since I've owned the car the number 4 on the rev-counter hasn't been illuminated correctly. Strangely, the white index above the 4 is illuminated. I wondered if the dull 4 is a common fault or whether there's another bulb elsewhere that one day I'll have to change!

Cheers
                      S54 M Coupe
                      D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

The lighter should be illuminated.
                        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

3 bulbs in dash so 1 may be blown,

details here

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewt...+bulbs#p309648

Comment

The cigarette lighter has a clear ring round it,,,it is not amber as you would expect..there is a tube like receptical which the bulb simply pushes into;simply replace the bulb if its not working,and push in this caught me out,there is a lamp in the ashtray aswell !

Comment

Working...
                            X