No announcement yet.

Black S50 "DDZ 889"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard vs modified depends on how it's done IMO.

The wheels are timeless and known throughout all car marques to be a classic quality wheel (seen loads on 911s for example, it's almost an unofficial official aftermarket wheel for them). Same thing with the brakes too IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
      I really like this car. I like the mods on it. Very strong money for a non standard car though imo. A very low mileage car like this is surely only appealing to the collector now & therefore only desired as standard?
      We have the car on SOR, the owner dictates the price in this instance.

In a market where some very average S50s with well over average mileage are still for sale for many many months at silly prices this sale will only help those cars prices seem relatively reasonable.

IMO, the upgrades on this M Coupe are very well chosen, and in some cases subtle. A collector won't always want 100% original, but have some relevance to the German marque in which this does. For it to sit along side a GT3 (which it has done) with BBS LMs on won't be undesirable and perhaps more pleasing to the eye than the Roadsters.

Factory original paint to the panels, 1 owner, resell interior and exterior colours and being in a prime condition are drivers for buyers. For me it looks far more interesting than another standard Coupe.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
        Standard vs modified depends on how it's done IMO.

The wheels are timeless and known throughout all car marques to be a classic quality wheel (seen loads on 911s for example, it's almost an unofficial official aftermarket wheel for them). Same thing with the brakes too IMO.
        I was only writing the same. Horses for courses and all that.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
          I really like this car. I like the mods on it. Very strong money for a non standard car though imo. A very low mileage car like this is surely only appealing to the collector now & therefore only desired as standard?
          You will find that people who have modified cars prefer same. Can't guess why this is! In my experience of the classic car world, unmodified cars generally attract the top money.
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
            You will find that people who have modified cars prefer same. Can't guess why this is! In my experience of the classic car world, unmodified cars generally attract the top money.
            I believe in standard form the car would fetch more than the current asking price.

Comment

People modify their cars because they want to make improvements over the standard set up clearly this owner wanted better handling/braking/steering/aerodynamics,

very much like people changing their headunit/cd player in a car? One of the good things with quality mods is they are generally worth much more on the second hand

market than oem parts so anyone wishing to go back to "stock" could profit further.

Comment

Working...
              X