FAO Exdos: Exhaust idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Exdos: Exhaust idea

While i was doing some research on Porsches I found this...

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing...72622&f=48&h=0

Exdos did you get hold of a spare exhaust to take the baffles out and reweld like this company does for Porsches?

Could be a good idea :idea:

Re: FAO Exdos: Exhaust idea

Originally posted by maahny
    While i was doing some research on Porsches I found this...

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing...72622&f=48&h=0

Exdos did you get hold of a spare exhaust to take the baffles out and reweld like this company does for Porsches?

Could be a good idea :idea:
    Maahny,

Not yet managed to get hold of a spare set. :cry: :cry: :cry:

My idea is essentially to cut a section out of the wall of the silencers to gain access to the "innerds" of the silencer and then cut short the inlet pipe into the silencers to by-pass the baffles altogether. I would then fit some kind of adjusters on the ends of the 2 exhausts tail pipes within the silencer which could be adjusted either by inserting a tool into each tail-pipe or alternatively by fitting a boltable plate over the access hole into the silencer box to make the adjustments directly inside the silencers. Either way, my idea is to make the silencers "tunable" so that you can adjust for both performance and sound levels and still pass the MOT when you have to. Until I can see the exact internal layout of the OEM silencers I have no way of knowing which is the best way to achieve the aim.

Does anybody have a spare set of unwanted silencers that they would be prepared to donate to me for this experimentation :?: :?: :?:

Once this idea has been properly trialled by me and tested on a dyno with different settings, then I would arrange with a company relatively local to me to perform this mod for anyone else. I think it would be possible to convert the OEM exhaust into a tunable exhaust system for around £100 or so.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Hasnt Coupe Girl got some ?

If its any help I can get 30kg parcels collected and delivered to any UK address next day for £ 8 plus vat.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers
        Hasnt Coupe Girl got some ?

If its any help I can get 30kg parcels collected and delivered to any UK address next day for £ 8 plus vat.
        Broccers,

if you can broker this for me with Coupe Girl, I'm well happy to pay the carriage and I'll be grateful for both of you in helping me to further "The Cause". 8)
        /// Exdos ///
        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Yeah no worries if once you dyno your car before / after and once prooven your welding works send me the enhanced boxes while you 'adjust my own' then sure I'll sort transport F.O.C. 8)

Comment

Hi John

Whilst clearing out the garage following the sale of my track car :cry: , I found my standard exhausts which you are more than welcome to if you want to organise the postal details :wink:

Tony

ps. Fitted some AC Schnitzer race suspension yesterday and initial results are very worrying.....the amount of speed you can now carry into and out of corners is
            totally irresponsible :twisted: :wink:
            Black S50

Comment

...also a pair of rear ZM silencers on ebay here

Comment

Originally posted by wfarrell
                ...also a pair of rear ZM silencers on ebay here
                Thanks. My mate Chippy is sorting me out 8)
                /// Exdos ///

Comment

Happy to donate them to the m-coupe R&D department :wink:
                  Black S50

Comment

Working...
                  X