Z4 M Coupe press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z4 M Coupe press

I have read a lot of reviews and road tests on the Z4 M Coupe over the last week and it looks set to be an awesome car in the same vain as the Z3 M Coupe, I really can see myself owning one at some point.

I cant help thinking that unlike normal new models of a marque, the Z4MC will not have any detrimental affect on the stature of the Z3MC.

I really think that the Z3MC is a unique timeless design and the new model will only add to its cult classic status.

what does everyone think??
    Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
    New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

could'nt agree more!

the original will always be the best, no matter who trys to emulate it, even BMW!

although the number of 200 a year i think is only to try and drum up some panic buys and to try and take some sales from the Cayman!

The great thing about the Z4M is that it is an awesome machine straight out of the box, where as the Z3M needs a little (or a lot in some cases) to get it right!

But is that half the fun of ///MC ownership? Me thinks yes!

In a few years for £25k would you take a Z4MC or an M5? i know which one i would have!
    But then again a Z3M would look very good sat next to a Z4M (with some proper wheels)!!!!

Comment

If my local dealer gets enough customer interest they will borrow a car from BMW for a few days for us to try. My missus's Z3MC is totally standard so it'll be interesting to compare them back to back over the same roads.
      I think the local Audi dealer has a used 2006 RS4 in just now so I think I'll wander off round there during the Bank Holiday...
      Ross

Comment

Yes, I have to agree that the Z3MC design appears to be timeless. It appears to have held up far better than the Z3 itself.

Does anyone else think that the Z3MC looks better than the Z4MC, and that the Z4 looks better than the Z3? There is clearly some strange bias there on my part!
        2010 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos Blue, Sepang Bronze Light
        Ex 2000 Z3 M Coupe Estoril Blue, Estoril / Black

Comment

I agree that the z4 looks better than the z3 and z3mc looks than the z4mc in standard guise. I think the wheels let it down. Needs wider, dished rears.

Comment

Yes, definitely needs dished rears! That's sadly missing from the current generation of M cars. :(

Comment

I agree too, the Z4 Roadster has more prescence and looks much chunkier on the road than the Z3, but hte Z3M Coupe seems to look better than the Z4M Coupe. The rear width of the Z4 Coupe seems to be less pronounced like it is on the Z3Coupe.

Comment

It seems as though BMW have been eavesdropping on this forum and seeing what it is that all of us looking to improve on our Z3 MC are doing. The Z4 MC sounds as though its being made as a highly focused driving machine rather than a compromised performance car.

I should imagine that I'll buy one in a few years time to keep alongside my Z3 MC 8)
                /// Exdos ///
                "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Got my deposit on the Z4MC back today for a number of reasons: Inspection II plus front discs and pads! but mainly because it just make sense as a brand new buy. A few years down the line it'll be a perfomarmance bargain :twisted: The stealership should be leaving a brochure on the passenger seat when it's dropped back this evening.

Totally agree with the comments above about the looks not that I'm bias in any way! Driving a standard estoril MC whilst also insured on the good lady's black 2.5 Z4. Looks a bit twee on the driveway but both are a hoot to drive and own for different reasons.
                  98S Estoril

Comment

Z4MCoupe on Test

Reading the road report in Autocar, after a good road run in Portugal and some laps on the Estoril circuit, it seems that same things dont change.Rough surfaces lead to hopping over the bumps , it seems that endless laps on the Nordschleife are not the answer to prepare for driving on our crap UK roads.No Excuse,s for £41K.
                    safetyfast

Comment

It really should come with fully adjustable suspension and a V8 engine. Perhaps they'll make a later revised model ?
                      /// Exdos ///
                      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

I have seen the autocar article. Does anyone else think that BMW have missed the point with the Z4M and are not really putting their heart and soul into this car. For a start the engine is the same one I have and that is in a 4 year old S54! Great innovation no? Maybe releasing the Z4M 2-3years ago would have been a different prospect. And along with the new V8 M3 coming along what are they doing? BMW - The ultimate driving machine - is it? Ask yourself have they made the ultimate driving machine with the new Z4M? Come on BMW, we know and WANT you to do better than this.....

Comment

I have to agree. BMW have missed the plot and are cobbling together an M car from existing parts to help flagging sales. This thing should be a showcase for M superiority (ala M5 and M6).

I don't know if the new V8 can be used. I've read that the engine bay won't accomodate it. Strange because I always thought that a V8 would be more compact that a straight six.

If they do put the V8 in, I think I would be very tempted by the car.

Comment

[quote="Manic"]I have to agree. BMW have missed the plot and are cobbling together an M car from existing parts to help flagging sales. [quote]

this is exactly what they did with the Z3 M coupe though!

I like the Z4 M Coupe and I love the S54 engine, I think its was a great idea and I think it will be an aweaome car, esp once Schnitzer wave a wand over it!

Lee
                            Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
                            New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                              this is exactly what they did with the Z3 M coupe though!
                              Lee
                              Oops! :shock:

Mmmmmmm..... Schnitzer.......

Comment

Working...
                              X