• Show
Clear All

I purchased mine from:

https://vdo-webshop.nl/en/temperatur...002C&results=1

Comment

VDO sensor slightly too big to fit bracket so would need to be enlarged,

Comment

Comment

As long as it works that's a great replacement for N/A OEM item, easy mod to bracket to make it fit. How much was it Dave? I saw that it was Euro 26.38 back in 2018 so no doubt price will have increase. Did you get from VDO in UK?
          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
          1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I am ordering from autodoc. Its just over £25

Comment

Bought one off ebay for £32. UK seller and arrived in a few days.

Comment

Tested the original and replacement sensors,

Original

Comment

Replacement vdo part

Comment

Replacement reads slightly high and not sure if it would get worse the hotter or colder the temperature but still better than no reading at all.
                    Last edited by Dave P; 11-08-2023, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Did you enlarge the hole on the bracket to get it to fit? Is there a nut needed to secure it in place?
                      Mine had completely rusted away and fell apart when I removed my sill covers

Comment

Originally posted by quattro View Post
                        Did you enlarge the hole on the bracket to get it to fit? Is there a nut needed to secure it in place?
                        Mine had completely rusted away and fell apart when I removed my sill covers
                        I havent but yes it will need to be made bigger and a nut fitted to secure or a thread tapped into the bracket

Comment

The sensor is secured by a nut to the bracket. I managed to recover the nut and sensor, cleaned both up and Hammerited them when I did sills and wings last year on my car. All working fine, touch wood. The bracket was tie wrapped in place so someone had been there before me years ago!!
                          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                          1986 M635
                          1985 E28 M5
                          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                          X