Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > M Coupé Technical > Technical Discussion
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2017, 08:29 PM

Default Handbrake cables

I've replcaing both of my handbrake cables because one had rubbed on the exhaust and rusted up inside so thought I'd change both whilst I did that one. However I bought a Pagid one from euro and one from BMW and whilst they are slightly different appearance (internal colour etc) I still thought they'd fit but appears the Pagid one is too big to fit in the hub so may be for a different car (think i'll just get another form BMW!).

My bigger problem is that one side is refusing to budge out of the hub (rusted in?). One side tapped out pretty easy with a small drift, but the other side is stuck solid. Any ideas anyone? heat? Hit it harder??
Old 05-07-2017, 03:53 PM

i've changed mine. hit it harder.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:19 AM

Ended up having to drill it out! It was stuck solid, where the other side tapped out nicely this one would not budge with a heavy whack and started to bend the drift. Drilled out with a slightly smaller drill and the remains slid out. New one gone in well greased!

btw got another one from BMW, fits perfectly. So either Eurocarparts are selling a part that doesn't quite fit or was just bagged wrong.