Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACS 19's (type III) sizes (and correct tyres?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, has to be 18" too IMO, 19" usually just look too big unless the car is lowered a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
      Yea, has to be 18" too IMO, 19" usually just look too big unless the car is lowered a lot.
      Even then, in my experience a car should really only ever go 1" bigger then the biggest OEM wheel size, else handling suffers.

The E36 suffers with terrible handling when on 19"s (not to mention looks awful) - so I don't see why the MC should be any different.

It's like seeing an E46 M3 on 20"s - looks stupid.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
        I have seen e39 acs III for sale but as c_w says you would need another set of 3 series wheels to make up 2 full sets for the m coupe!
        Ok, well you keep an eye for the 5er 18"s, I'll keep an eye out for the 3er 18"s, and then we'll swap a couple each! Done!

It's gotta be non-racing though - the stud of the racing make them look too busy IMO.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

ok so does anyone have a pic of an MC sitting on this style of wheel in 19" size? seems ive been a bit odd posting up one with 18's and thinking they were 19's!!! and i still dont have a pic of an MC on 19's so now looking for one

Click here to email me

Comment

That pic is of a South African ACS car. Can confirm that they came on 18" ACS rims.
            2010 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos Blue, Sepang Bronze Light
            Ex 2000 Z3 M Coupe Estoril Blue, Estoril / Black

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
              ok so does anyone have a pic of an MC sitting on this style of wheel in 19" size? seems ive been a bit odd posting up one with 18's and thinking they were 19's!!! and i still dont have a pic of an MC on 19's so now looking for one

ac schnitzer type III racing wheels 19"

Comment

ac schnitzer type III racing wheels 19"
                need more pics

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
                  need more pics
                  I will try and take some next week which show the whole of the car!!

Comment

I will try and take some next week which show the whole of the car!!
                    nice one dave cheers

Click here to email me

Comment

just come accross this thread again, and remembered to add that if anyone does use rear E39 wheels, you need to use the centre bore reducer ring things, because the E39 centre bore is unique (only for E39) from memory, i think E39 is 74.1mm ?
                      rest of the BMW's are the same as each other, E39 is the odd one out!

Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
                      X