No announcement yet.

£4000 to spend on mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you go for KWV3 you can adjust to your own requirements, as hard or as soft as you like, also height is fully adjustable.

Steve.
    2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

The only downside to the stiffer roll bars is that having had them fitted for 18months now, the ride at first feels unaltered, but I find on more lumpy roads the car bucks a bit more because the stiffer roll bar starts acting as a torsion bar spring across both wheels. They are a night and day improvement to bodyroll and handling "feel" though.

Comment

Originally posted by mansfa View Post
        I'm concerned that 'better' suspension means lower and harder? It's my only car so needs to comfortable for daily use on our rubbish roads.... Am I mistaken?
        Steve1's and c_w's comments in both posts above this one are correct.

I have KW V3 (3 way adjustable) and several other different suspension and aerodynamic mods and found that for fast road use, less is more. Most people, (formerly, including myself), tend to think that harder suspension is better "sports" suspension, when in truth, it's all about preserving the balance of the car in the overall set-up. I have been astonished at how much difference some relatively simple aerodynamic changes can make to the behaviour of the suspension. The beauty of adjustable suspension is that you can preserve the overall balance and factor in all your mods.

I also agree with Steve1's earlier post that suspension mods are the first mods to do. Sort out the suspension and you'll be impressed with your MC.
        /// Exdos ///
        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

The m coupe dont need more power for road use,naturally if you want more loud an exaust can be help..
          My suggestion:
          1.kw variante 3+ arb h&r+rear shock mount+powerflex+rear bushing
          the last 3 mod dont had an high price,but can help more..
          2.BBk is another world for my think,or put an pair of pagid (blue or orange)+steel brake line for road use can be more better of oem setup
          For the motor i dont touch until now,but the difference i see on the track vs antoher m coupe whit ecu+supesprint+light flywheel is minimal..
          Invenst on the suspension and brake,for the motor you need to spend more money for had other 30-40 hp and find an noticiable difference..
          www.fastdrive.org
          S50 black/black-red In Rome
          Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

If you do not want to touch the springs, then I would do:
            Lightweight flywheel
            Lightweight Supersprint exhaust/race catalyser (sounds fantastic but is not overloud/intrusive like the Eisenmann exhaust)
            H & R ARBs
            Rear support bushes
            Rogue top mounts
            DS2500 pads + Castrol SRF brake fluid.

First 2 items lose 24/25kg off the body weight. Lightweight flywheel presumably requires only half the power to spin up + Imran tells me that the Supersprint adds 15+ bhp. Therefore, overall, these 2 mods should add significantly to the performance.
            Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Working...
            X