No announcement yet.

Rear big brake kit BBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul chance ..... Carbon Lorraine.... I had my pads from him and would highly recommend ... knows his stuff. = very impressed with service also.
    The Mod Father

Comment

cheap rear calipers on Ebay, £199

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Porsche-Boxste...item45fb17e2f3

Comment

Just done a trackday at Snetterton today, first time using the CL RC6 properly. I'd given them some stick on the road a few times and reckoned they'd bedded in but I was really disappointed initially as the first session on track they juddered really badly - reminded me of DS2500 they were that bad!! Luckily I kept using them fairly heavily and they seems to sort themselves out and for the rest of the day were perfectly smooth. Wear rate seems quick high though!

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          Just done a trackday at Snetterton today, first time using the CL RC6 properly. I'd given them some stick on the road a few times and reckoned they'd bedded in but I was really disappointed initially as the first session on track they juddered really badly - reminded me of DS2500 they were that bad!! Luckily I kept using them fairly heavily and they seems to sort themselves out and for the rest of the day were perfectly smooth. Wear rate seems quick high though!
          What I found out is that they don't like progressive braking - they build up material and judder. So started slamming the brakes really hard last moment and never had a problem (no fade, no judder and real clamping power)...and as you said sorted themselves alone.

As a piece of advise - clean your wheels couple of times a week. I ruined my black chrome ones by leaving them dirty for less than 10 days :( and gosh these pads are dusty

Comment

Originally posted by oxam View Post
            What I found out is that they don't like progressive braking - they build up material and judder. So started slamming the brakes really hard last moment and never had a problem (no fade, no judder and real clamping power)...and as you said sorted themselves alone.

As a piece of advise - clean your wheels couple of times a week. I ruined my black chrome ones by leaving them dirty for less than 10 days :( and gosh these pads are dusty
            Yep I was aware of the dust issuse, especially if they get wet and hot and bake on so for the first time at a trackday I cleaned my wheels before I set off back home Took a bottle of that "waterless" car wash stuff. Cleaned up nice but I needed to clean them again when I got home they're so dusty lol. Also ran over some poor rabbit and the rear arch was spattered in blood(!) so car needed a clean anyway, and like to put it away clean if it's not going to be used again for a while.

How did you find the wear? They visibly wore yesterday at Snetterton where the RS29 hardly wear and the Yellowstuff last a good while too. The brakes were definietly better though than the RS29s so that's the trade-off I suppose.

Comment

another picture of the rear set up - E46 328MM disc Porsche Brembo caliper,

Comment

Last edited by Dave P; 18-07-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Dave P; 18-07-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Stunning dave, specs of both front and rear and overall costs please!!

Can you also list the front caliper PN's, i'm pretty sure the rears were mentioned earlier on the thread somewhere
                    Last edited by shantybeater; 17-06-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Dave, have you sorted out the gremlins you were having mate?
                      Last edited by Fat Tony; 17-06-2011, 01:33 PM.
                      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Dave, for clarity I think it would be good if you started a new thread about your front & rear brakes? Would be easier to refer back to and also give the place a few more new threads as there's so many old ones wandering about

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                          Dave, have you sorted out the gremlins you were having mate?
                          all sorted

Comment

Some pictures of Chippy's old fronts,

Comment

Comment

Another option is to raid the BMW parts bin and use 135i calipers and 345mm Z4m front discs and 320mm E60 rears. I have this setup and it works well. The rear caliper bolts straight on and the front needs an adapter (I have a drawing of that).

Untitled by deansie1712, on Flickr

IMG_0677 by deansie1712, on Flickr
                                Z3M V8 LS3

Comment

Working...
                                X