Roadster or coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster or coupe

Just found out that have to spend money to fix Vanos on my roadster. Rough idle. Aim to get it fixed by Mr Vanos, but will still be a healthy bill.

As both of my z3ms are my fun cars, one of them just might have to go.

1. My coupe is a 1999 T reg estoril with blue/black interior and 80k miles
    2. My roadster is a 1999 T reg cosmos with red/black interior and 86k miles

Both in very good condition with full service histories, both recently serviced, well the roadster will have Vanos fixed as well soon.

Any interest?

Please note. I am in Scotland.

It's a hard decision as both great cars but I'd be biased so couldn't possibly say that it's a no brainer to keep the Coupe ....
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Using my head I think I'd keep the coupe for its appreciating value in the long term, although you will of course get a lot more now if you sell the coupe over the roadster which is good short term.
      2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

Keep the coupe, sell the M roadster. Buy a z3 roadster for 10k less.

Comment

Keep the coupe, they will always command a premium

However if you want to keep the one that's the most fun as a toy keep the roady
          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Out of interest, what's the latest pricing on Mr Vanos fixing things for you on the roadster?

As for the question, you're going to get a lot of 'keep the coupe' comments here obviously but I'd stick with the one you'll personally get most enjoyment out of.
            S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by inkey$ View Post

you're going to get a lot of 'keep the coupe' comments here obviously but I'd stick with the one you'll personally get most enjoyment out of.

wise words!!!!!!

Comment

Langlands,

Also looking at getting my vanos replaced as a preventative measure.

Think I might be close to you, so he may be more inclined to come up to do two.

Will pm you some details.

Ewan
                Estoril blue S50 - 2000: Bilstien B8's, Spax adjustables, H&R springs, H&R anti-roll bars, Rogue top mounts, Tints, M5 alloys, Simota, Supersprint, ACS splitters.

Comment

you could flip the current thoughts on its head

sell the coupe you will get the most for it
                  you never know prices may be peaking
                  seen it before with classic bikes

that said I hope they keep rising
                  [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

What are you looking for re the coupe and can you post pictures and vondition details

Comment

Think I will get Vanos fixed on the roadster before I make a decision on selling one of them. Have arranged to get mr Vanos to fix in a couple of weeks time and hopefully final bill will be a bit less than I expected. Estimated cost is circa £850

Comment

Working...
                      X