Reluctant sale of "V3RY M"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the doc is spot on!

Altough modifications are pretty light to revert and premium is sensible, but not in modified condition. You should definately convert it back to stock, reverting every single interior piece, bolts, etc. Anything modified, no matter how preffered by most (rims conditionally excluded, if you still have originals), just decreases value as a collectors item.

Through a rare oppurtunity I was a buyer of a similar collectors car a month ago - S50 with 24.000 miles on the clock. I didn't take, because the condition and some other details of the 'oppurtunity'. This is how I think, and how I valued the car.

I personally don't feel ACS exterior bits, same goes for front splitters as the rear diffusor or god-no the rear wing or exhaust pipes. The MC form is standard either perfect or totaly off. Love it, or hate it. But as with everything YMMV :)

Comment

I'm obviously not a purist... I'd have that car in a flash if it was a few k cheaper
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Whilst i agree with most of whats been said regarding mods on cars i really do think people are generally missing a thing or two here..The one big thing that this car has is top condition i would have said far better than new.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by inside View Post
          I think the doc is spot on!

Altough modifications are pretty light to revert and premium is sensible, but not in modified condition. You should definately convert it back to stock, reverting every single interior piece, bolts, etc. Anything modified, no matter how preffered by most (rims conditionally excluded, if you still have originals), just decreases value as a collectors item.

Through a rare oppurtunity I was a buyer of a similar collectors car a month ago - S50 with 24.000 miles on the clock. I didn't take, because the condition and some other details of the 'oppurtunity'. This is how I think, and how I valued the car.

I personally don't feel ACS exterior bits, same goes for front splitters as the rear diffusor or god-no the rear wing or exhaust pipes. The MC form is standard either perfect or totaly off. Love it, or hate it. But as with everything YMMV :)
          Forgot about those ACS exhausts! lol 4-pipes is the signature of the M Coupe and all later M cars.

Comment

Sorry - I seem to have thrown the thread off on a tangent here!

It looks like a great car and for the record, I have no doubt that it is now 'better' than stock. Clearly it is.

But mods make minimal return on resale, fact, and I doubt that this will be the exception to the rule. I hope it is, but I still think that for 20k it is only going to be bought by a 'collector' who will want a standard car.

An 'enthusiast' would surely buy one for half this price and spend the extra money and many weekends doing the mods themselves?

Still love phoenix yellow. If only the missus would have let me have one! Shame it doesn't have kiwi inside

Comment

Thought I might as well comment on some of the feedback so far, ( and by the way, I won't comment on certain posts ).

The car is not being sold as a "Collectors" item, more of a very well looked after high spec/low mileage car that has had modifications done to enhance even more the very reason that the coupe was built for in the first place.
              The car is an "odd ball" type of vehicle, but that is why we like them, but unfortunately due to the restricted time and budget they missed getting it spot on as far as performance/handling is concerned, and we all know that to get these machines performing to the max you need to do some work to them, and that is what has happened to the car in question, even down to the rear diffuser, ( which is not ACS by the way, but hamman ).
              A certain member on here, well known for his technical posts has actually followed me when it's been raining and from his description of the shape of what was coming off the back of the car then it's doing what it's supposed to do.
              But, as with everything, it's a personal thing, all I would say is, we all know that there are coupes, and there are coupes, and in my opinion this is one of the best out there, modded or not.
              Please keep your thoughts coming.

PS. The reason I didn't actually list the price of the various mods like some ads do, is that I always think that it detracts from the actual car, ( if you see what I mean ), but just to answer one comment about buying a cheaper car and doing the mods yourself, i think you need to work it out just how much it would cost you to actually buy a standard low mileage high spec, showroom condition car in the first place, and then fit, or indeed, have fitted all the modifications that this car has, I'll leave that one up to you.
              Last edited by steve1; 17-11-2010, 05:02 PM.
              2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

I can see another ban on the cards.

totally out of order...AGAIN

Comment

Neil / Yeti, sorry if your feeling unloved and need some attention but if your opinion has a detrimental effect on the forum or its members then you should keep it to yourself.

God forbid you should ever be in an unfortunate circumstance that meant being forced to reluctantly sell your MC...it can't be very nice, especially when it's such a good one.
                  Last edited by chopper; 17-11-2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Stunning car, everything you have done is spot on what I would do myself if I had the time/money.

I'll add my 2p worth, you probably would get more money back/ sell easier if you pulled the majority of mods off and sold them seperately (the LM's in that spec would see £1800-£2k, infact if you want to sell them please PM me! ) leaving the car mostly standard but imo its almost a crime to do so, this is one of the best looking coupes i've seen so it would be horrible to have it dismantled and sold

Good luck with the sale
                    Last edited by shantybeater; 17-11-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Please, please, please don't let this topic go off on one.
                      Neil, of course you are entiltled to your opinion, as is everyone else, that is what this forum is all about, unlike some car forums, this one isn't up it's own arse-hole, and that is what I like about it.
                      The only thing that i will say is, have a look at your replies and maybe agree that they were perhaps worded a little wrong and therefore ruffled a few feathers, maybe a better choice of wording might have helped, but if you think that it's the way you wish to post then that's fine by me, just don't be supprised by the reaction you may get.
                      Remember, I'm actually selling the car for personal reasons, I'm definately not just off/un-loading it for any other reason, ( see what I mean ).
                      2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Bloody cat did a dump on my bed this morning - something's unsettling the wildlife... Not even a full moon as far as I can see :-) Strange................

Maybe we should call this a day and wish Steve the best with his sale?!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil M
                          probably the least acceptable exterior colour ever offered. Dakar Yellow was always a better colour than Puke.
                          Could read...

"Not my favourite colour but very rare and seen by some to compliment the oddball characteristics of an MC"

Woolyback hope I get a few bites like that next time I'm fishing

Anyway, time for a

Neil, you certainly make the forum entertaining if not always for the right reasons :-)

Steve, good luck and all the best, it's a stunning car

Comment

Surely an owner can put up a car for any price they want?
                            No offence but i didn't see at any point Steve asking for advice or opinions over the price he has put the car up for. As he said and is clearly fully aware of it is very much along the lines of what someone is willing to pay, not what negative people on a forum think about the price, mods or colour!

Good luck with the sale Steve it certainly looks like a real cracker of a car!

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                              Forgot about those ACS exhausts! lol 4-pipes is the signature of the M Coupe and all later M cars.
                              I haven't been on the forum long, don't own an MC yet, and know Jack all about the cars or forum's personalities... but I've come to the conclusion that I *should* stand a good chance of picking one up for next to nothing... just got to find a Phoenix Yellow car with kiwi interior, ACS splitter, roof wing, suspension and exhaust... nobody else seems to like what I like, lol

Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                              ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                              Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Join The Phoenix owners club!!!!

As one who has lavished many hours prepping and detailing this MC and having seen and judged many others I have yet to see another which is as clean, mechanically as sound, and such well cared for.. that said I have not seen them all.
                                For anyone contemplating buying an MC then, as with buying any other car, condition and provenance / history is paramount. Colour may be an issue with some (usually the girls!!) and therefore may well put some off, but with the black leather this one has never failed to attract praise.
                                Sure steve1 would not mind anyone seriously interested in giving me a call with any questions as I would have nothing to hide whatsoever as this is one stunning car, and as steve1 says it is set up for some spirited driving
                                Rest assured someone will buy this car and will be rewarded with one cracking smile, that we all must be agreed on
                                Best of luck steve1 in attracting the right buyer.

Comment

Working...
                                X