New owner Z3m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner Z3m

Hi,just wanted to say thanks to this forum for all the advise and information,this weekend I became the owner of S725 OPO now 6 RTM.only had a couple of drives so far and I'm a very happy boy,one or two glitches but I guess that's only to be expected on a car nearly 20 years old,drivers side window winding down very slowly but goes up ok and also the cars sometimes awkward to get into gear.After selling my e92 alpine edition m3 it's nice to another M in the garage.
    Wife's got the X5m so that doesn't count.

Welcome to the forum.
    Try silicon spray (Halfords or good auto spares shop) on the track the window runs in, works wonders for me.
    There are details of gear change issues on here just need to do a search. I think the OEM clutch actuation hose being replaced with new braided hose is a common fix.
    Photos of your car would be good to see. Colour?
    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Both can be common issues, especially the slow windows. As above, try spraying something in the channels on either side of the glass. This helps a bit but the best solution is to take the door card off re-greasing the channels and/or replacing the plastic window guides. I did this to mine last year and the glass has never been better (even when I got mine in 2005 the windows were slow!).

Comment

Had the same issues with mine when I bought it a few months ago.

Silicone spray worked wonders for my windows, one of which was very slow and sometimes locked. I would also get your gearbox oil changed as this has helped mine which was also a bit stiff to get into gear despite already having the earls clutch hose fitted. You'll need 1.5 litres I think....I bought royal purple Synchromax (£45) but any good quality stuff will make a difference, it just needs a few miles to bed in. Also, buy the clutch hose direct from Earls website as it's about £20, whereas I've seen them on eBay etc for double that.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X