Icing on the inside of windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueZ View Post
    Another dumb question to help me in my leak quest.
    What are the two black circular caps on the underside of the doors ? I am working on the theory that the door is filling with water, hence the leak coming in from the underside of the trim. I am rubbish mechanically so don't want to pull these things off to investigate without understanding the consequences!
    All help gratefully received, as ever
    the black caps are sealing grommets which are there to allow access and stop muck getting inside, they would be ok to remove until you sort your leak out

Comment

I can only imagine your collective anxiety at having no update on the mystery of my leaky door.
      Well, here's a update only as I'm not sure we have final resolution , but....

I booked the car into ML for a service and mentioned the leaky issue. Their immediate response before even getting the car was that a split door membrane was most likely the problem.
      So, they are going to put a new membrane on. I hope to test it out this weekend to be sure

Keep you posted just in case this helps anyone else

Comment

Well, hats off to ML. They guessed it was a split membrane before they saw the car. They replaced it, and it looks like it's solved the leak.
        The fact they guessed so quick and before getting the car suggests this is a common problem - so I thought it would be useful to have this up here in case someone else suffers a similar leak - took me ages to find the leak to start with, and I could never have diagnosed the source.

Comment

Working...
        X