No announcement yet.

Should I stay or should I go ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way to keep it special is to not use it much, and especially not as a daily. I know some people do, but it isn't ideal as other modern cars are just easier to get in to and drive on a Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
      I lease an E63 on the company and for road journeys if I'm not in that I'm riding bikes.

Several other hobbies mean there's little time or inclination for track days either so as a result the MC doesn't get used or lavished with love.

I've considered selling it but a V8 MC is a special thing so I can't bring myself to.
      If u do sell let me know.. Always wanted V8ZM
      Considered buying the mroadster with LS a few yrs ago when it was for sale and doing a swap.. But didn't lol.. Too much hassle

But urs sounds boss..

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
        Can I answer? Golf is faster, more practical, more comfortable, more modern, has amazing cruise, lights that light up the road so you can see where you are going when on it, cheap to insure, run, service, tyres are 119 each....

It's not special, leased and goes back in a year.
        Originally posted by fok View Post
        I lease an E63 on the company and for road journeys if I'm not in that I'm riding bikes.

Several other hobbies mean there's little time or inclination for track days either so as a result the MC doesn't get used or lavished with love.

I've considered selling it but a V8 MC is a special thing so I can't bring myself to.
        Yeah, I can see those points. The R is no doubt a very capable car but there is one massive thing that puts me off, apart from the "is it a GTi/GTD", it's those 4 exhaust pipes, just does not look right!
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Its not about the looks and to be honest you can only see 2 pipes as one is black now.

Try one and you'll be left cold

They are quite rapid tho and discreet enough not to get you in too much trouble. I got stopped by an unmarked Audi on the M18 a few weeks ago sat doing 97. Let me off with a talking to - might not have been the case in something flashy.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
            Its not about the looks and to be honest you can only see 2 pipes as one is black now.

Try one and you'll be left cold

They are quite rapid tho and discreet enough not to get you in too much trouble. I got stopped by an unmarked Audi on the M18 a few weeks ago sat doing 97. Let me off with a talking to - might not have been the case in something flashy.
            You must have had your lucky trousers on that day...
            S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
              The way to keep it special is to not use it much, and especially not as a daily. I know some people do, but it isn't ideal as other modern cars are just easier to get in to and drive on a Monday morning.
              so true. Driving the family wagon (B8 s4) is 14 years different as it were. Having had the z3m for 6 years now, almost to the day, I still enjoy taking it for a run, but modern cars these days are so capable, comfortable, fast etc, it is not a fair comparison. If I ever did shift the z3m it would be to get an old e24 635i, gut it, put a cage in, coilovers etc and have a fun toy. As it is, my plan (all things being equal) is to keep the z3m until my young ones are old enough to drive it (the eldest is 20 months!). My logic is I look back on the cars my folks sold and replaced with some "jap-crap" as we used to call them, folly. They had an original Honda Civic - the same one old Mr Honda takes to work. And a fiat 123. Classics.

Comment

Working...
              X