Mmmmm... Becker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmmm... Becker

Just got a Becker Cascade yesterday with the iPod Adapter. I had a six disc Nakamichi in there which, although old, was quite a good unit in its own right. However, with all the BS about using phones and distractions I decided to get a single unit that does everything and nobody does OEM like Becker.

Fitting was simple but I cant get the iPod to work properly. It works as an Auxiliary input but not as an iPod input. It's a 5th Gen and although the website only says up to 4th Gen the box says 5th Gen. Something to sort out on Monday I think, might be a software fix or something.

Anyway a few pics...

The speaker for the phone is fitted up by the mirror and works well in that position.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by speed8; 29-07-2009, 01:06 PM.

Becker

Also just had a becker cascade fitted. it fits perfectly.
    To make the ipod work they had to fiddle arround with a computer first.
    It also has voice activation, phone, and quite good nav.
    Iv had becker Nav Pro in DB7 before and it is a vast improvement over that.
    They even changed the back ground colour to orange to match the other dials.

Comment

Do you know what they did with the computer or even how the connected it??

Comment

Just had a look at these after your post, but they're a bit lumpy aren't they.

What the sound like? Any notable improvement over the normal Business doodar?
        S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_Driving View Post
          Just had a look at these after your post, but they're a bit lumpy aren't they.

What the sound like? Any notable improvement over the normal Business doodar?
          I like how simple they look... No bling or flashy buttons but underneath there's a hell of a lot going on. The sound seems good but not really had a chance to listen to it properly.

I looked at a pioneer and I had to have a bluetooth module, a nav module, a DVD for the maps and another box for the ipod stuff..... need to find space to put all that. With the Becker the GPS antenna is hidden on top of the heater vents under the dash, the bluetooth and nav hardware is all integrated, the maps are on a CF card and the ipod is just a cable with a small box thats easily put out the way.

Incidentally, there won't be any stock of Becker head units with Bluetooth for the next few months due to an ongoing court case or something like that. The only stock is what is currently with the distributors.

I'm starting to think my iPod problem is a software issue as there is absolutely nothing on the net about any issues but there was a software update a couple of weeks back that my unit got. Will find out tomorrow hopefully.

Comment

I had a Becker Cascade fitted just over 12 months ago.

Excellent equipment.
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Working...
            X