Favourite film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite film?

Pulp fictions on bbc3 I've seen it at least 50 times and could watch it another 50 ( not on the same night)
    Got to be one of the best films ever made

What's your favourite?
    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

I agree, Pulp Fiction is a pretty perfect movie. Dark, hilarious, sharp wit and sexy.

Can't pin it down to just one, but my other favourites are:
    - City of God (Brazilian gang/drugs movie - please please please watch it, you won't be disappointed)
    - Full Metal Hacket
    - La Haine (French Movie)
    - There Will Be Blood
    - Any Given Sunday

More recently, Inception was a very good movie.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Goodfellas
      Amelie
      Local Hero
      Shawshank Redemption

Comment

The Usual Suspects and Memento are two that always spring to my mind.
        -------------------------
        Ex Ex Ex: 1998 M Coupé, Estoril/Estoril+Black. HK+ MD+CD Changer, roof, side bags, lamp wash.
        Ex Ex: 1998 M3 Evo Coupé, Estoril / Blk with all the toys.
        Ex: 2004 Z4 3.0i, Silver / blk with no roof.
        Now: 2003 M3 CSL, Silver Grey, lots of carbon fibre.

Comment

Apologies that mine are abit cheesy but:

Predator
          James Bond - any really but some are better than others granted!
          Platoon
          Kickboxer(!)
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

"Momento" and more recently "Let the right one in"
            EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
            Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Spooks, forgot about Platoon. That is one of those films I can watch over and over... Love the scene when they're getting stoned and drinking in the tent listening to Smokey Robinson & The Miracles...

Comment

Great scene Keith!

Just thought about another that I watched last year "Harry Brown" starring Michael Caine, great film and what most people would love to do it his situation.
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Ooops double post

Comment

Like albums my answer to this question invariably changes with moods but off top of my head films I will always sit an watch if they're on when channel hopping
                    Lawrence of Arabia
                    Where Eagles Dare.

Pulp Fiction is superb but preferred Reservoir Dogs
                    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
                    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

Mushy I know, 1."It's a wonderful life" and 2."One flew over the cuckoo's nest"
                      different types of movie, but I watched "Cuckoo's nest" again recently and there was so much I spotted that I had previously missed, either I am getting more observant in my old age, or I perhaps understood some of the really deep humour and pathos?
                      JKE11Y

Comment

Got to admit it's Star Wars.....

But Pulp fiction is well up there. The most recent film that's had the x-factor for me was Gran Torino. Don't know why, technically not great, but I loved it.

Oh yeah, and Piranha 3D I took the missus to see that - a bold move indeed.................

Comment

Originally posted by jke11y View Post
                          Mushy I know, 1."It's a wonderful life" and 2."One flew over the cuckoo's nest"
                          different types of movie, but I watched "Cuckoo's nest" again recently and there was so much I spotted that I had previously missed, either I am getting more observant in my old age, or I perhaps understood some of the really deep humour and pathos?
                          JKE11Y
                          i think its an understanding thing

i remember "boys from the blackstuff" ( a tv series) when i was young as a comedy but re watched it later and it was really dark and serious with bits of humour

Comment

Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
                            I agree, Pulp Fiction is a pretty perfect movie. Dark, hilarious, sharp wit and sexy.

Can't pin it down to just one, but my other favourites are:
                            - City of God (Brazilian gang/drugs movie - please please please watch it, you won't be disappointed)
                            - Full Metal Hacket (is this a film about a rugby shirt??) great film
                            - La Haine (French Movie)
                            - There Will Be Blood ( very dissapointing ending de caprio should have done him at the end)
                            - Any Given Sunday yep a good un

More recently, Inception was a very good movie. ( what a shitter)

some good choices there keith and a bad un

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                              Goodfellas
                              Amelie
                              Local Hero
                              Shawshank Redemption
                              goodfella`s what a classic i read the book then saw the film i was in the pictures with mrs rage and she was eating a hot dog during the opening scene i thought she was going to puke lol

Comment

Working...
                              X