Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dollag View Post
    Many thanks for the pic Dave,

Look easy enough, if anyone has measurements it would be really handy.
    Once you get under the car and you've removed Part 4 in the diagram below, you can easily measure. You should be able to stuff the voids with anything which would reduce lateral movement of the bush (the objective of the exercise).

/// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

more info here,

http://forum.roadfly.com/threads/124...forcement-tabs

Comment

Originally posted by dollag View Post
        From what I understand mike, these solve 2 different issues?

I am already ordering rogue rsm's and Meyle droplinks.
        I was looking into the reinforced top plates also but I don't see how these help with the movement of the subframe it's self.
        Sorry I thought you were ordering rogue Top mounts (for rear shocks). Just highlighting an option that would save £50+ and give you the benefit of being able to change your top mounts again in the future without dismantling half of your car.....

It will obviously have no influence on movement of subframe itself.

I'm interested to see how you get on with re-bushing the rear end, as this is something I will be doing soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by M1ke View Post
          Sorry I thought you were ordering rogue Top mounts (for rear shocks). Just highlighting an option that would save £50+ and give you the benefit of being able to change your top mounts again in the future without dismantling half of your car.....

It will obviously have no influence on movement of subframe itself.

I'm interested to see how you get on with re-bushing the rear end, as this is something I will be doing soon as well.
          Well Spotted. Sorry i completely miss read your post. i appreciate your input many thanks. i may do this as i haven't ordered the top mounts as yet

Comment

No probs.

Quite a few of us seem to be messing around with rear suspension at the moment! And it seems to be a bit of a minefield as to which parts to use! I am fairly confident that any new parts will offer a big improvement over the stock items, particularly if they are the originals!

New shocks have made a massive difference but I am still not 100% happy so need to inspect my rear beam bushes too.

Comment

rear bush inserts size.

OK Length is 3 inches,1 inch width,down a 1/4 of an inch,in a 1/4 of an inch,making the narrower end 3/4 of an inch, thickness of material is aprox 1/8th of inch..Ime old school ...sorry!
              Hopefully you can understand this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                OK Length is 3 inches,1 inch width,down a 1/4 of an inch,in a 1/4 of an inch,making the narrower end 3/4 of an inch, thickness of material is aprox 1/8th of inch..Ime old school ...sorry!
                Hopefully you can understand this!!!
                Makes perfect sense (kinda) :-)

Ill make them up myself and probably a template too.
                I cannot help noticing at the thin end, it seems that they are chiseled slightly? As in they are not as thick.

Comment

I cannot help noticing at the thin end, it seems that they are chiseled slightly? As in they are not as thick.

Yup i am sure that's so they push in easy,they are rather hard.

Comment

Yea I think it's just that they go in easier, I used washing up liquid which made it easier too.

Comment

Working...
                    X