Help Please. Rear Wishbone bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please. Rear Wishbone bushes

Having recently failed the MOT for play in rear wishbone bushes I have taken it in to have all four replaced ( + the main subframe bushes).

The back end of the car is all stripped down but the bushes that are fitted look to have adjustment for camber, I.e the hole does not go through the centre.

The replacement bushes I have supplied (Ireland engineering ones I think), have a central hole. Are these correct or have I got the wrong type? i'll try and upload some pictures in a sec.

Existing bush

New Bush
    Last edited by M1ke; 28-02-2014, 02:33 PM.

They look like agk eccentric bushes. Mixed reviews about those but the normal ones have a central hole I believe.

Comment

Well the days not getting much better, the rear beam bushes I have are way too big measuring 68mm in diameter.

Has anyone got one they could check for me?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by M1ke View Post
        Well the days not getting much better, the rear beam bushes I have are way too big measuring 68mm in diameter.

Has anyone got one they could check for me?

Cheers
        do you mean this one ? (says 59mm)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E36-3-...-/271045725712

Comment

If the above are correct? i have a pair which i did not have to use.....from the stealers....i can post Monday if we could have a deal???

Comment

Exdos might be able to help, I know he's personally changed his. Your "original" bush looks non-oe to me, that or I didn't realise the factory bushes were offset like that!

Comment

#8 shows two types of bush including eccentric?

http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/selectCar/Z3/Cou/BMW+Z3+M3%25252E2+S50/ECE/33/33_0998/
              Last edited by Dave P; 28-02-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

59mm sounds like it could be right Dave

Kwofa if there is anyway you could get those to me for Monday I would be interested, I'm trying to source some powerflex bushes but no one seems to want to despatch on a Saturday

Comment

Well I'll be. If there's an eccentric BMW bush I'll give it a go just to get it dialled in a bit better. To be honest it's weird coming from lotus bits where everything is adjustable to nothing is.

Comment

apparently the ones I have may be for a US spec car?

Anyways - Powerflex ones on the way....

Comment

Are we only talking about the rear wishbone bushes? All advice from people on here who have tired polybushes are not too as they are noisy.

Comment

Power flex is for the rear beam, so hopefully won't squeak too much.

Comment

Working...
                        X