Bloody spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c_w View Post
    The lower offset would mean it'd stick out a couple mm more without the spacers.

Swapping the top mounts is an option, though it does give more camber than usually necessary so you would have an impact on tyre wear on the inner shoulder (minimised by parallel tracking). Probably would bring it in 10-15mm. This would then give you space to play with spacers to get it how you want.
    I did think the bonus of reverse mounting was that with the extra few mm clearance I could probably just get away witless fitting a normal 5mm spacer, but it's hard to judge and a big job to try without success.

Wow, I didn't realise swapping the top mounts over would bring the top in so much.

I think I need the car off the road for a for weeks to have a play with a few options.... and to find the time! But without anything radical it doesn't look like I'm going to get it flush....
    Last edited by Spooks; 19-10-2014, 08:20 AM.
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Ian,

Apologies for the delay, I have only just spotted your PM a year or so on!! To see exactly what I did with the wheels check my progress thread here:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewt...7468&start=300

I reverse mounted the rear centers only but I also switched the centers from front to back to raise the front offset further than standard spec by 3mm and lower the rear. This was because the design of the center from front to back differed by 3mm. So you are actually running a higher front offset than standard.

You should find the wheels sit 3mm further in than standard (LM's in this fitment) at the front, the backs will be dramatically more aggressive : 3mm + reverse mount (ala OEM Roadstars). This worked perfectly on my MZR with H&R coilovers:

You could always switch the centers from front to back but they will sit 3mm further out of the arch. Afterall the original size/spec LM wheel is approved by BBS
      Last edited by shantybeater; 25-09-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X