When do you get yours out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you get yours out???

My Coupe has been off road for a few months now, trickle charge battery.
    I had the A8 cleaned yesterday drove 5 miles this morning and it's filthy, despite the sun shining!
    I'm itching to take the coupe for a little blast but don't for the life of me want the salt etc on it.
    So,when do you get yours out??
    2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
    2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
    07 Volvo V70 D5
    1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
    1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Hoping for April, if it's not the poor weather. It's the poor quality roads. Perhaps it's an up North thing :(

Comment

Used mine quite a few times during the winter months. Always a pain to clean afterwards with freezing hands but well worth it for the smiles the drive out provide. I just can't not drive it.

Having said that, I think the local council must be trying to clear their grit yards, having not gritted much so far due to the mild winter, with the roads locally now look more like the bloody Sahara than Leeds. It's not even been cold enough for minor frost here
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Mines still in hibernation

Comment

I keep mine going through the winter, probably gets used at least once a week.
          Its ready for a clean and a polish after running up to BMWNECC monthly Sunday meeting last weekend at Champs Sports Bar just off A1 at Washington. Deadline is Tuesday 15th March when I go down to the Midlands somewhere for this Practical Classic photoshoot. Just waiting for the meet up details from Nigel Clark from the magazine. It has taken a lot of organising to synchronise the four car owners, photographer and the PC editorial staff.
          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
          1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Took mine out today in the sunshine. Typically use it when it's dry & mild during the winter months
            1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Sooo bloody tempted to take mine out this afternoon, sunny as but that bloody salt on the road..........
              2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
              2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
              07 Volvo V70 D5
              1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
              1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

Mine goes away at the end of October and was hoping to get it out this month but might leave it until April - as long as I can resist the temptation.

Comment

Even in Scotland.

Even though I have the m fix with my roadie, which I have run for most of the winter I Couldn't resist the temptation. Out today and reminded why I own it. Don't know why but it just feels far more special than the roadie.

Comment

M// on mine stands for M can't remember
                    Embarrassed or what

I'm going to make a real effort this year
                    New job allows more time off so no excuse
                    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Out today for Mother's Day. She(my Mum) loves to go for a burn.

Met a nice bloke at the petrol station who wanted a good look around, and plenty of people on the motorway who looked at me like I was driving a flying saucer.
                      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

could not resist a spirited drive today,the roads looked dryish and have been wanting to try new h and r arbs and rear brembos also new rear falkens wich probably was not best for cold damp roads.

Comment

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
                          could not resist a spirited drive today,the roads looked dryish and have been wanting to try new h and r arbs and rear brembos also new rear falkens wich probably was not best for cold damp roads.
                          And how was it?
                          S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

the h and r arbs make a real difference.much more planted on corners,i was surprised to find it softer in a streight line and managed to touch arch liners on rear whilst at speed on a familiar road.i put this down to new arb bushes and drop links which i greased up during instalation as old ones were stiff and bushes siezed on to old arbs.i could not tell any difference with new rear brembos as i allready have ap 6 pots up front but they do look good.

Comment

Mine is out of hibernation, just need to get it MOT'd as it runs out on Monday

Comment

Working...
                              X