Tyres & Inspection I:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres & Inspection I:

Right, it is about time I started contributing on this forum. So after many phone calls I have collated some information that maybe of some use to you.

The prices for the Inspection I are all inclusive of V.A.T, Parts and Labour. The Tyres are all based on 4 x Falken FK452 comprising of these quantities and sizes (2 x 225/45/17) & (2 x 245/40/17)

Inspection I

Parringtons Woking: £428.87
    Munich Legends: £380.00
    BMW Vines of Guildford: £625.00 (was well over £800 but with the discount for being over 10yrs old it brought it down) The age relates to the car not me!!

Tyres

Black circles: £363.66 (delivered to local garage and fitted)
    Camskill: £303.16 (delivered)
    Micheldever: £335.00 (fitted at their premises)

I will probably be getting it serviced at Munich Legends as I want them to also investigate a metallic rattle at about 4k revs( ideas anyone) plus the feedback regarding them on here is very positive.
    With regards to the tyres I will probably get them delivered from Camskill and get them fitted locally for an already quoted £47.00. I have tested out a single tyre in the boot and I am confident I can squeeze in all four, maybe one on the passenger seat??

Hopefully this will benefit someone; I will also post up something later letting you all know my experiences with both the service and tyres.

Cheers

Ed

Cheers Ed, very useful.

I wonder if we can have one sticky with Oil Service, Insp 1 and Insp 2 quotes, plus one for tyres? Would be a good resource to have.

BTW lots of tyre info here:

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...yres%2C+falken

Anyone know what make PS3s are?!

Comment

michelin pilot sport 3?

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
        michelin pilot sport 3?

Thanks Indy. I am obviously a rubber numpty.

Erm...

Comment

I have got four falkens in the coupe but need to use the passenger seat and put some sheets or towels down over them first...

If your in Godalming and need an Insp I there is a garage near Dorking called MJF that is used by lots of members on here and highly reccommended.

Cheers

Comment

Munich Legends are working on my car this week. Inspection II and resolving noise
            from the engine bay at 4k. I will let you know what the problem could be.
            Roy

Comment

Ed,

I've just had 4No Falken 452s fitted for £386 all-in, but I went for 255/40/17s on the back. They were about £15 each more than the 245/40/17s, so your prices are pretty good. In my opinion, the 255s seem to fit a bit better on the wheel by being just a bit wider than the rim. They are also a better circumference match for the 225/45/17 - 1992mm front vs 1997mm rear. And from the back, the extra width of the tyres gives the stance a little more beef.

Take it easy,

The Boagster

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                I have got four falkens in the coupe but need to use the passenger seat and put some sheets or towels down over them first...

If your in Godalming and need an Insp I there is a garage near Dorking called MJF that is used by lots of members on here and highly reccommended.

Cheers
                Thanks for that, I am pretty sure I will be paying him a visit.

I found a BMW site where there were about 20 reviews for MJF Engineering and everyone was extremely positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Boagster View Post
                  Ed,

I've just had 4No Falken 452s fitted for £386 all-in, but I went for 255/40/17s on the back. They were about £15 each more than the 245/40/17s, so your prices are pretty good. In my opinion, the 255s seem to fit a bit better on the wheel by being just a bit wider than the rim. They are also a better circumference match for the 225/45/17 - 1992mm front vs 1997mm rear. And from the back, the extra width of the tyres gives the stance a little more beef.

Take it easy,

The Boagster
                  This sounds like something I will be going for, as long as there are no complications regarding fitting?

Might save me curbing my alloys too!

Comment

Originally posted by Nessamot II View Post
                    Munich Legends are working on my car this week. Inspection II and resolving noise
                    from the engine bay at 4k. I will let you know what the problem could be.
                    Roy
                    It sounds like some sort off loose heatshield and I can only replicate it when driving not when the car is stationary and just revving it?

Anyways looking forward to your response!

Cheers

Comment

This seems to be a common thing, mines always had a often reoccuring light vibration at around 4000rpm. it might go 6months without doing it then do it all the time!

I found that it was actually related to the centre console in mine. It also bizarrely was much worse when the blowers were in a certain position, so when driving change the blowers from screen to face vents or feet and see if it is the same in all 3 positions.

Comment

Well I thought I would update you all as I have had the new tyres on the car for a week now.

I went with a slightly wider tyre on the rear 255 rather than 245, the cost from Camskill was £330.56 incluvise of V.A.T & Delivery.
                        They arrived next day too!

Very pleased with them indeed impressive grip but a tad more road noise, I know I can't compare them with the Pilot sports when it comes to wet weather driving as the Pilot sports had very little tread left and more importantly I haven't been in the wet with the Falkens!

Just to let you know that 4 tyres of this size do fit but with a bit of persuasion 3 in the back 1 on an the passenger seat.

Cheers

Comment

Niel m,
                          You mention a couple of interesting points,first one being fitting of Tyres..well the back anyway..cos the rear ones have a wide dish it does make it a bit more dificult, my mate who has recently opened a garage..with all the equipment to fit tyres etc..had a problem with my rears and woz worried about overstretching the sidewall,so he took my wheels to one of our other mates who fits tyres all day long and fitted them no problem!the other point was the sqeeks etc...after reading all the recomendations about butyl tape in between the surfaces etc...i found the solution easier by looking at the mated surfaces to see where they wer rubbing and just aplied a couple of strips of electrical tape..all sorted...main area was between the sub and cd changer..having just replaced topmounts etc..it wasnt to dificult to see the surfaces and to be honest having a cracking 7..series and there being squeeks etc i would be more than pissed off! and would drive me nuts..

Comment

Working...
                          X