Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - looking for a car!

Hi all,

Fantastic forum - long time lurker now registered.

I am on the hunt for a Z3M Coupe, preferably S54 if possible.

Just wondering if anyone has a view on realistic prices ? I see a fair few cars on offer which haven’t sold for some time.

Hard to value these cars, especially when certain dealers have tried to corner the market to push values higher.

Any advice/guidance much appreciated !

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome

Re. values. Only one way to test really, make an offer and see what happens. You’ve got cash and there are a few to choose from. You might have to sit it out for a while but the higher priced cars aren’t selling quickly so feels like a buyers market in that territory.
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Many thanks for the welcomes !!

Yes - it’s a v tough one to call. I don’t really know the market for these cars too well. But I gather some people even have a pair of them!!

I don’t mind a tired example that needs a refresh, equally happy with a cherished example whose price reflects its condition.

No rush to buy but hoping someone who may be looking to sell will spot the post.

Have just put a wanted ad in the for sale section also.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. Pricing as you have gathered is difficult to set at the moment as there is such a variance in cars due to model, mileage and overall condition. You really need to have a look a few cars to give you a feel for what is available.
          If you could give your location maybe one of the lads on here will let you see their car and may be able to give you at test drive. A number of years ago I was able a let a chap who lived local to me have a look at my car, he was totally taken in to its special looks as he hadn't seen one in the flesh before. He bought one of course!!
          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
          1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Thanks Pete.

I’m based in the South East (London / Surrey area). Close to Junction 8 of the M25 or equally could meet near work (London E14).

I’m going to go have a look at a couple tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X