• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360hp Golf

Another wrong-wheel drive car with too much power

Well if it sells through anyone here, I'll pay you £200

http://tinyurl.com/2nofst

looks well executed, not sure about the front bumper but I guess it has a function.

a good bit of cash spent, are you going to buy an MC and start the process all over again?
    Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
    New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Hi Lee
      The front bumper is function over form I'm afraid - need the holes for the intercooler, oilcooler, rad and brakes.

As far as the MC goes, I'll have a car that's 80% where I want it to be and will only need 20% pimping (rather than the other way round!)

My plans for now (and I don't think I've ever researched a car this much prior to actually buying it!!)

It will start life as black S50. Or red. Or steel grey (were they S54 only?)

Bodywork:
      A well executed 'bad boy' bonnet
      A couple of choice mods from the Hamann & Schnitzer catalogue.
      Wheels - Have to be deep dish at the rear, thinking polished rims with anthracite centres.
      Brakes:
      AP 4/6 pots
      Engine:
      Induction/exhaust/map/cams
      Interior:
      Complete leather re-trim to my design
      re-design the centre console, get rid of the aux. gauges, may go double din with HKS CAMPS system I've got kicking around, oook into different ventilation controls...all ideas I've been kicking around with my good friend Phil Crouch.

And most importantly:
      A Season ticket for 8-10 trackdays.
      The reasoning behind that is that it will force me out on the track (having paid for it up front!) as I've been quite lazy since I sold my VR-4 (just managed 2+ the 'ring last year) and a Volvo D5 isn't really a track weapon - nor is my rocket powered shopping trolley if I'm honest
      Upgrading the brakes are a given, but my reasoning is do a track day, then decide what mod needs doing, do another track day and adjust accordingly - rather than throw a whole load of cash at the car and do mods I may not need or appreciate.
      Hope that makes (some sort of) sense!

Comment

Gary I am quite suprised the car hasn't sold yet. Not a big fan of the Mk IVs but this one is really nice.

Judging by the current state of the market you might have to keep it for a while.

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Gary,

Your right the Steel grey is only S54.

Good luck with your MC project. I have done most of what you have listed and more on my last car (S50 MC) If you need any help with choice of mods or pricing send me a mail and I will help if I can.

With your re trim idea, I would definitely get rid of the heavy standard seats (40kg ish weight saving) and replace with some lightweight recaros in leather, a great upgrade.

There are some very well modded MC's on this forum and a wealth of knowledge from the owners so you cant go far wrong.

you wont be dissapointed with your next car!

Lee
          Last edited by Lee; 16-11-2007, 09:31 PM.
          Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
          New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Nice advert - I like the performance video !

good luck
            Ex 2001 S54
            New cars:
            Lotus Carlton
            350Z

Comment

Gary, top of the list should be suspension if you buy a standard car and you intend to track it.

Comment

From one wrong-wheel driver to another... Good luck with the sale

Awooga!!!

2002 Silver Skoda Octavia vRS

Comment

This golf is immense.

I used to be on CLubGTi a few years ago and this was way ahead of its time!

Comment

advert

cracking advert better than my ebay ones

a bit off topic but ever thought of designing adverts for people wanting to sell stuff off ebay either on a comission or a one off charge
                    theres £££££££ to be made

if this doesnt sell then the twats looking dont want a golf

next time i sell a car or bike ill be knocking on your door
                    by the way car looks the bollox

expecting big things of you buy an MC
                    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Nice thing to say - appreciated
                      Apprecaite the comments and hopefully the MC won't disspoint

Comment

Working...
                      X