Waking up the M Coupe after 6 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ///MQP View Post
    Ok ... How does it look with the wide tires? Where are the pics? :-)

Yesterday i got my new wheels :-D
    Don´t have the car at home, so I can´t take pics right now. It´s still in the mechanic´s garage. But for sure pics will follow as soon as I have it back.

Yeah, saw your new rims on the zroadster forum. They are really nice, but I am happy that I kept my "original" Hamanns. I feel that the deep dish design fits better to the old car than your "futuristic" concave rims.

Have a nice sunday!

Comment

Still waiting for pics.... :)
      BMW Polygamy
      1988 E30 M3: stolen Zinnabarot/Tan
      1991 850Ci: Sold.
      1999 M Coupe: Sold
      2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
      2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by racer mxm View Post
        Still waiting for pics.... :)
        Project is still not finished yet. The wheels have been completely mirror compacted. The centers of the wheels were originally matte.

Upcoming tuesday and wednesday I will be at http://schmickler-performance.de/. I will get a new, individual mapping for the carbon airbox and the guys will take the car on the track and optimize the KW3.

A few pics shot by amateur (me) with iPhone. Some professional pics will follow once the project is comletely finished.

Comment

Couldn´t resist to take another pic with its younger sister in the back.
          The E89 is now my daily driver.

Comment

looking good

Comment

Nice coupe

Like the wide tires and bbk. Could do without the custom fuel cap tough.

Comment

Originally posted by inside View Post
                Like the wide tires and bbk.
                What does bbk mean?

Comment

Big brake kit

Comment

Thanks for translation.

You know what I like best about the Car?

Sound of airbox at rpm > 4000

Comment

• Here are the results of the individual mapping.

Before:

The experts said that they never had a S50 on the dyno which really had the advertised 321 hp. As you can see, mine didn´t as well....
                      The torque around 4.500 rpm always sucked also.

After:

horsepower now a little more than advertised and torque more steady. It feels a lot more dynamic and willing to rev.

Comment

• Cubis - with Carbon airbox, KW3 and custom steerling wheel you have the 3 mods that I most desire. I'm jealous (!) Nice work.

Comment

• Steering wheel is easy and not really expensive.

KW V3 is changing the character of the car dramatically - as long as you find somebody to really adjust it. More expensive but you should save money for it.

Carbon airbox for this engine is useless as far as power gain is concerned. It also is ridiculusly expensive and you will need a new mapping to prevent the car from running worse than without it.

But the SOUND of that thing is priceless

Comment

Working...
                          X