No announcement yet.

Talk to me about headlamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me the OEM headlights now look odd after getting so used to the projectors which must mean they are a good alternative. Sometiems when you fit aftermarket stuff you have a honeymoon period and then you realise they actually look a bit rubbish, but so far after 2 or 3 years with the projectors I still prefer them. However brand new OEM lights can look good but theyre over £500.

My angels are partially disconnected and yes they are too small! They are also a bit dim too. My "sidelights" are the outer halo ring with the inner halos disconnected. This means when the headlights is on you can't see a dim halo in the inner lamp and the outer lamp halo is completely overpowered by the headlight beam anyway. The bumper sidemarkers are disconnected as these IMO make it look a bit odd at night.

Comment

I think I'm going to buy some new OEM ones. Yes they are pricey, however I should get £100 -£200 for my old ones on ebay I would have thought, which will offset the cost for the new ones. ( man maths at its best ).

2005, E46 M3 Carbon Black
      2007, X3 3.0d M Sport

Comment

what has been done to this coupes headlights? also spot the tinted/blank bumper sidelights

Comment

Dave,

It has had the projectors from another car added to the headlights. The small circle within the headlight lens, I personally just prefer the OEM look but you get the great light output of projectors

-Joe
          2002 BMW M Coupe (S54) in Sapphire Black with Imola Red Interior @ OEM+ Spec **Now with Wheels** **SOLD**

Need a holiday? Click here!

Comment

Originally posted by jrsmooth View Post
            Dave,

It has had the projectors from another car added to the headlights. The small circle within the headlight lens, I personally just prefer the OEM look but you get the great light output of projectors

-Joe
            I think that's 80% of the reason I prefer the projectors on mine. Whilst I don't like the look of them with just the halos on (as in the blue coupe above) as they look very "aftermarket" but on dipped beam with a HID kit it makes the car's appearance more modern. Having a Z3 behind with factory headlights they date the car with the furry halogen beam. That white coupe has a very good hybrid setup!

Comment

Those I think are either retrofits or maybe even the Projectorz V1 - these fetch mega £ in the US - $500 plus easily when they are available - you get the best of both worlds - original looking lights (which I do actually prefer) and amazing light output from projectors (which I decided I couldn't live without!)
              BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
              ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Comment

... my Headlamps ...

greets Michi

Comment

I'm in the same predicament, the aftermarket units just dont do it for me at all, they look too obviously not oem. The ones above I assume are v1's? they are probably the best ive seen yet

Alot of people over on the american forum have done retrofits and they all look good, but imo these look mind blowing (e46 projectors):

One day when I have enough spare time and a spare set of each headlight I will give this a go!

Comment

thats the best looking so far!

Comment

Looks a bit odd to me with the diffused main beam, would look better with "open" glass to match?

Comment

Originally posted by shantybeater View Post
                        I'm in the same predicament, the aftermarket units just dont do it for me at all, they look too obviously not oem. The ones above I assume are v1's? they are probably the best ive seen yet

Alot of people over on the american forum have done retrofits and they all look good, but imo these look mind blowing (e46 projectors):

One day when I have enough spare time and a spare set of each headlight I will give this a go!
                        Agreed, I like both of those. It's on my winters todo list!

I have attached my current setup, its how I bought the car. I didn't think I would like it when I read the advert, but they have really grown on me!

2002 BMW M Coupe (S54) in Sapphire Black with Imola Red Interior @ OEM+ Spec **Now with Wheels** **SOLD**

Need a holiday? Click here!

Comment

unusual headlights......

Comment

Those ones just don't look even, maybe the angle

Comment

Working...
                            X