No announcement yet.

rear wiper???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't agree with messing about with the originality of such a rare beast as MC.

Comment

I removed mine (and motor) a while back, looks nicer without IMO! Being a black car, a black grommet in its place doesn't look obvious either!

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
        I don't agree with messing about with the originality of such a rare beast as MC.
        ha. ha. im sure you dont!!!

Originally posted by c_w View Post
        I removed mine (and motor) a while back, looks nicer without IMO! Being a black car, a black grommet in its place doesn't look obvious either!
        bet it saves quite a bit of weight too!!!
        rear wiper does seem useless!!!

anyone else could add the grommet too, just put a lick of paint over the top surface

Click here to email me

Comment

I'm with fok - the rear wider is essential for me and can't see the weight saving makes any significant difference.
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
            ime sure the rear wiper dosnt even touch your rear screen !
            There is a member on here that wishes the boot didnt weigh as much thats for sure too !
            however it isnt a major problem for me with sgs uprated gas struts,all i was doing was making tha rear a bit neater thats all.thanks again for the help chaps,these little helpfull tips etc is what makes this site so great.

Comment

Tried mine out for the first time the other day, what a load of crap, i will leave it in place but not waste my time with it again, thought it woukd never stop too !

Comment

Steely,wiper on first..wipes 5 times aprox,second stops it!

Comment

When I collected my car from Edinburgh, it took me almost half of the journey back to Leeds to work out how to turn the bloody thing off

I also love the fact that water shoots out of the rear wiper when I accelerate hard... maybe it's a little over excited
                  Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                  ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                  Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                    When I collected my car from Edinburgh, it took me almost half of the journey back to Leeds to work out how to turn the bloody thing off

I also love the fact that water shoots out of the rear wiper when I accelerate hard... maybe it's a little over excited
                    Ive also been there mate,a few years ago tho!

There is a simple fix for you second problem,just fit a non return valve if you take the inner covering off and fit inside boot! this has been covered before try a search mate.

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                      There is a simple fix for you second problem,just fit a non return valve if you take the inner covering off and fit inside boot! this has been covered before try a search mate.
                      Ta mate, I recall reading about the fix not long after I picked my car up - job added to my list of winter tasks
                      Last edited by Fat Tony; 19-09-2011, 10:20 AM.
                      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                        Ta mate, I recall reading about the fix not long after I picked my car up - job added to my list of winter tasks
                        on my to do list as well - I have had the valve for nearly a year but havent got round to fitting it

Comment

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...?t=2403&page=4

Comment

i think i disconnected mine, because it was really fucking annoying. not to mention shit!

Click here to email me

Comment

Odd, mine works as intended, no leaks, very satisfactory. Lucky me!!
                              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                                Odd, mine works as intended, no leaks, very satisfactory. Lucky me!!
                                thats just showing off

Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
                                X