Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Stereo

Hi,

My MC has an after market stereo, but I would to fit an original one. What make and model were they ?

I have a 2000 year car with all paperwork and BMW Radio pass codes blah blah.

The car was factory delivered with (1) below and the owner got (2) fitted by the dealer before he took delivery.

1) BMW Business RDS ( PH 7850) Option number 669.
    2) BMW Business CD ( BP 9273).

If you go for item (2) below you will find lots on fleabay - but some have "M" stickers to the right of the volume button - as far as I'm aware these are Rover units that have the Rover badge covered up by a M badge. Hence they dont have the correct wording eg "BMW Business CD" The units are however exactely the same as far as I'm aware ( all counts how original you want to be!)

Hope that helps.

Comment

There are two types of BMW Business CD - the more sought after is the one with 2 display panels - the CD43. It is the last generic CD player BMW produced, and something of a collectors item. If you want an ultimate OWM look then go for the CD43 (and not the rover unit with the M badge hiding the rover symbol).

There are plenty on German ebay, and they got for around £200.

Cheaper options are the BMW Businesss RDS tape player (assuming you have a CD changer in the boot, and the earlier CD player with just a single display).

Comment

My S50 came with a buisness radio/cassette...early car tho..replaced with a Becker unit..much better and ipod conectivity..car had the hk upgrade so still uses the sub but not the cd player in the back,,which was a sod having spent £90 getting it fixed!

Comment

picture of the oem head unit,

Comment

Thanks guys for all the good information. Mine is a 1999 with a CD changer. So what would be the best standard one without the tape cassette player ? I know that I am being fussy, but I want the correct one. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

May not suit your requirement, but I looked into this issue a few years ago. Opted for the Becker system as detailed below.

It lookes absolutely OEM with better functionality.
              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

do you have the hk sub also fitted?

Comment

No, HK sub not fitted to my car.
                  S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Then i guess you really do have choice,personly i like the becker unit as they really do look like oem..

Comment

Cassette players are the future
                      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by dayglow View Post
                        Thanks guys for all the good information. Mine is a 1999 with a CD changer. So what would be the best standard one without the tape cassette player ? I know that I am being fussy, but I want the correct one. Thanks for all the help.
                        you really need the tape player to control the BMW cd changer as not all
                        cd43 single cd head units will control the cd stacker as well

Comment

Did BMW ever do an eight track player - had one in my first car and it went on forever.

Beats the cassette player by a mile, but I think this argument concluded in the 70's!

Comment

Ha. My first car had an 8 track it was a v12 jag when I was 17 .... 30 years ago
                            ( auld git)

It only had 2 tapes the best of al Jolson and Simon and garfuncle
                            Picked it up Saturday afternoon and drove to London and back for the bike show
                            After 40 miles the radio packed in it had us demented but we daren't switch it off incase we fell asleep

Them were the days no licence only driven 5 mile on road before that
                            By the time I got through London and back I wasn't too bad a driver. I'm the first one who would complain about that sort of thing these things
                            When I eventually passed my test I could only put 2 gallon in each tank and kept switching it over. I can't remember how much it was a gallon about a quid iirc
                            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Right ! Thanks for that. So what is the model number for the original tape player ? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X