Thermostat/housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat/housing

Anyone replaced their thermostat housing and thermostat if so is it straight forward?

parts #7 & 8

I've replaced the thermostat. It's a bit of a complicated design with seemingly lots more bits of short pipe, o-rings and joints than is necessary IMO (certinaly not the 5minute job like on the 2.8 dual vanos engine I had previously!).

Comment

Doesn't look like much fun

Comment

My indy recently charged £72 (inc VAT) labour to replace the thermostat. Guess its about an hours work with the knowledge/right kit.

Ian
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
          My indy recently charged £72 (inc VAT) labour to replace the thermostat. Guess its about an hours work with the knowledge/right kit.

Ian
          That doesn't sound so bad

Comment

I was happy with that Dave
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Is it worth replacing the water pump at the same time?

Comment

Old thread revival.

I will be fitting a new water pump and thermostat soon. Do people generally fit new a tstat housing at the same time or is it okay to clean up the one that’s in there, assuming no cracks or damage? I believe ours (S50) are metal as opposed to the plastic ones they get on the S52 in the States.

Also, do the tstats require any additional seals beyond the large single one that seems to come with most of the tstats off of AutoDoc?

Comment

Originally posted by Richoking View Post
                  Old thread revival.

I will be fitting a new water pump and thermostat soon. Do people generally fit new a tstat housing at the same time or is it okay to clean up the one that’s in there, assuming no cracks or damage? I believe ours (S50) are metal as opposed to the plastic ones they get on the S52 in the States.

Also, do the tstats require any additional seals beyond the large single one that seems to come with most of the tstats off of AutoDoc?
                  Housing should be fine on the S50b32, only one o ring I think as you say for the thermostat

Comment

Brill, thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X