DSC Wheel Speed Sensor Part No.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSC Wheel Speed Sensor Part No.

I'm wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction.

My car (2002 S54) has thrown the DSC/Tyre/Brake warning lights on the dash.

INPA diagnostics show that it's the left rear wheel speed sensor. I cleaned it, cleared the codes and they returned after a little while. Rescanned and it's the same sensor (just checking).

RealOEM has the following wheel speed sensors for the car:
    Rear:11 Pulse generator, ABS 2 34521164474
    Front: 07 Pulse generator, ABS 2 34521163027

Now here is the issue... and despite searching everywhere I haven't found a definitive answer.

The above sensors are listed (in most places) as being not compatible with DSC cars. Most DSC cars seem to have left/right sensors, at least in the front.

I checked the sensors on the car and there aren't really any clear part numbers that tally up with anything I can find!

Normally I would trust RealOEM and just order the ones above, but I was wondering if anyone here would be able to confirm if they are in fact correct?

Last edited by MCSSchnitzer; 22-03-2017, 08:53 PM.

Update, if anyone is interested. I asked my local BMW dealer to provide a quote for the LHS wheel speed sensors (front and rear) and they came back with the same part numbers...

I then found this document, which mentions that the wheel speed sensors in the e46 are a carry over from the ASC system.

http://www.bmwtech.ru/pdf/e46/ST034/...20Internet.pdf

Seeing as left and right side are interchangeable, I will confirm by switching mine around. The error should move to the RHS and the LHS should work fine.

Once all of this is confirmed I'll update this thread for the next person who decides to over think this whole thing

Comment

Interested!
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSSchnitzer View Post
        Update, if anyone is interested. I asked my local BMW dealer to provide a quote for the LHS wheel speed sensors (front and rear) and they came back with the same part numbers...

I then found this document, which mentions that the wheel speed sensors in the e46 are a carry over from the ASC system.

http://www.bmwtech.ru/pdf/e46/ST034/...20Internet.pdf

Seeing as left and right side are interchangeable, I will confirm by switching mine around. The error should move to the RHS and the LHS should work fine.

Once all of this is confirmed I'll update this thread for the next person who decides to over think this whole thing

Post up the results

Comment

Whilst you are swapping them over do a quick resistance check as per this thread;
          http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18214

If it is open circuit I wouldn't even bother swapping them over I'd just replace it. Otherwise you have more chance of breaking the retaining bolts and then it gets sad removing that. Obviously you don't need to remove the sensor to check the resistance, just unplug it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Bmw View Post
            Whilst you are swapping them over do a quick resistance check as per this thread;
            http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18214

If it is open circuit I wouldn't even bother swapping them over I'd just replace it. Otherwise you have more chance of breaking the retaining bolts and then it gets sad removing that. Obviously you don't need to remove the sensor to check the resistance, just unplug it.
            Much appreciated! I didn't get a chance to get into the garage this past weekend, so will do that first.

Comment

Working...
            X