• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New listing Estoril S50 at Sytners

New listing on Autotrader site, Estoril S50 72809 miles £46k

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...=Z3M&logcode=p

Comment

pretty big markup.....was privately for sale at at 29K then reduced to 28K I think....the Knights S54 is a massive bargain in comparison if you can get over the miles

Comment

Ha ha, just crazy

Comment

Curious, are those wheels same colour as S54?

Comment

Originally posted by V1-Rotate View Post
            Curious, are those wheels same colour as S54?
            Ish, they are not S50 colour.
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by bena80 View Post
              pretty big markup.....was privately for sale at at 29K then reduced to 28K I think....the Knights S54 is a massive bargain in comparison if you can get over the miles
              Knights S54 is below average mileage? Hardly run in!
              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Comment

Have to admit it looks nice in pictures......but price is steep.....I nearly went to view this before I bought my silver S50 in March. Was surprised no one bought it at late twenties to be honest.....did anyone on here go to view it?

Comment

I have seen the car a few times at shows and it looked to be a good honest example, original advert is still showing which needs to be removed by the original owner -

Comment

Oh yes didn't expect original advert to still be up!

Will be great car for someone....once they get over the price...

Comment

(Too) dark S54 wheels put me off, not just because they are age-wrong but the S50 silverchrome just looks better.
                        Last edited by c_w; 07-05-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I can now update the thread, this was my car. Just a few points:

- No-one has done it on this thread, but to those who criticise dealers and their mark-ups I would note that the car was available in the late 20s for quite a few months. So people had the chance to buy it but didn't. Now it appears a dealer (who were very easy to deal with btw) will invest in the car and attempt to sell at a premium. I have no problem with this, I tested the market and am happy with what I got.

- I didn't to a FS thread on here, sadly due to the direction a number of those threads took in recent months. FWIW I think Dave's description of it as an honest car is right, and I tried to reflect that in the ad.

- Wheels are not shadow crome - but anthracite - a sort of metallic grey. I liked this with the blue but suspect the non standard look didn't help my ad. If I had my time again maybe I would have swapped or refurbed them. I'd be surprised if the dealer doesn't change this.

- I have found this forum, and its searchable history, a valuable resource for technical queries. The fault with the bonnet alarm switch and the vaccum leak due to the little plug below the plenum stick in the mind. Without this forum they would have been much harder investigations. So please keep this resource going and abvoid the temptation to move to facebook, where the searchable history element gets lost....

- So thanks specifically to Dave P, and all the work he does to keep it going. When I look at the photos of the car from the rear quarter I remember how cool it is, and why I bought it. I will miss it, but its the right time......

Comment

Originally posted by MattH3764 View Post
                            I can now update the thread, this was my car. Just a few points:

- No-one has done it on this thread, but to those who criticise dealers and their mark-ups I would note that the car was available in the late 20s for quite a few months. So people had the chance to buy it but didn't. Now it appears a dealer (who were very easy to deal with btw) will invest in the car and attempt to sell at a premium. I have no problem with this, I tested the market and am happy with what I got.

- I didn't to a FS thread on here, sadly due to the direction a number of those threads took in recent months. FWIW I think Dave's description of it as an honest car is right, and I tried to reflect that in the ad.

- Wheels are not shadow crome - but anthracite - a sort of metallic grey. I liked this with the blue but suspect the non standard look didn't help my ad. If I had my time again maybe I would have swapped or refurbed them. I'd be surprised if the dealer doesn't change this.

- I have found this forum, and its searchable history, a valuable resource for technical queries. The fault with the bonnet alarm switch and the vaccum leak due to the little plug below the plenum stick in the mind. Without this forum they would have been much harder investigations. So please keep this resource going and abvoid the temptation to move to facebook, where the searchable history element gets lost....

- So thanks specifically to Dave P, and all the work he does to keep it going. When I look at the photos of the car from the rear quarter I remember how cool it is, and why I bought it. I will miss it, but its the right time......

Thanks Matt

Comment

Working...
                            X