rear washer connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Paul,

Yeah, I am sure it is the same issue, the pipe seems pretty tough. What I am trying to find out is what the route of the pipe is from the bulkhead to the jet.

I am sure someone who has stripped out the carpet at some point will know

If anyone know of any other connectors all the better!

Thanks

Matthew
    S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

The whole rear wash/wipe thing drives me mad !! i have to continually put a pin in the small jets on the wiper as they get blocked very quickly !! never had anything blow apart tho! who done the conversion to a vw rear wiper? not only does it look smarter but ime sure it works better!

Comment

In answer to the previous question. Chippy has a modified a Mk5 VW Golf rear wash wiper fitted and front aero wipers on his car. They look really good in my opinion.
        Ex 2000 S50 - Oxford Green II

Comment

Check out from post #48 in this thread;

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...?t=9058&page=5

If you have had a problem with the washer feed hoses popping off, or blocked nozzles, have a go at what I did to refresh the system.

I removed the washer nozzle (just pulls off with some twisting and a carefull grip on the hose as to not tear it), cleared each nozzle (3) with a pin, and then soaked it in a strong detergent and boiling water. I shook it about to help dislodge anything lurking inside and then blew it clean with an airduster.

I then removed my washer bottle to clean out 10years worth of scum which was blocking the pump filters (and consequently only allowing my washer jets to squirt with about 50% force), and I also believe this to be a major contributing factor to blocking the rear wiper nozzles;

Once this was all cleaned, I blasted a litre or so of water through the system to flush it out, and refitted the nice clean nozzle on the rear wiper.

Once you have done this, do not use hard (drinking water) in the system as the mineral deposits are what create the scrum. Use only soft water or filtered rainwater (or if your feeling very flush, de-ionised/distilled water) to avoid it clogging again

I'm sure doing this as a preventative measure will avoid problem in the future, if you do not have them already. I could not believe the extra pressure my jets had after cleaning the filters... They went from being hoses to pressure washers!

All nice and clean

Last edited by -Keith-; 01-02-2010, 07:20 PM. Reason: Added a picture to aid the description for the knowledgebase

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

I had the same problem last year
            The front washers worked fine, but as soon as i tried the rear washer (it didn't work) water started pouring out onto the road behind the front offside wheel, and continued until the bottle was pretty much empty.

As the car was going into Prestige for a service i got them to look at it - it took them a little while but they sorted it. They look after a few MC's but it was the first time they had seen this problem, so they were taking notice for future reference.

John at Prestige (0191 4566623 / 2728977) is always very helpful, it can't harm to give him a call to pick his brains

Michael

Comment

I have the same problem with a blocked rear nozzel (the top of the two). I removed it and tested the line and that seems fine. I soaked the head in limscale removed and put pins in and all sorts. The line however is still blocked. Anyone got a spare one knocking about after switching wipers or can point me to where I can get a replacement?

Comment

Put mine in boiling detergent solution and shook it around to disturb/dislodge any blockage, and then blasted it through with IPA spray. That cleared it.

If not, it's a dealer part so just call them up and they'll order you one.

Comment

Thanks keith,

I put it in boiling limescale removing solution and then blasted it with compressed air but no joy. Sorted the kettle out a treat though!

Comment

Rear Washer

I had this problem a year or so ago---tried all the posted tips--Zilch.Decided to remove washer container and look at washer pipe.Under the container is a trough to allow the pipe to pass under the container without getting squashed---the hose had got squashed flat, so repositioned hose with full bore diameter in trough, and ducktaped over.Job done.
                    Last edited by ZZZEMMCO; 16-03-2010, 04:57 PM. Reason: ----
                    safetyfast

Comment

In fact that is a very valid point ZZZEMMCO.

Blackbeard, if you look from post #48 in my journal HERE, you will see that after I cleaned the nozzle I had some success.

But I had further sucess after removing the washer bottle itself, removing the pumps and cleaning the the filters at the base of each pump - mine were clogged up and only allowing a small percentage of the pressure through to the nozzles. Your may be so blocked that is appears to be a nozzle problem? Whilst you are there you can check no pipes are bent or being crushed and causing a restriction.

Even if you are sure it is the nozzle itself, it's well worth removing the washer bottle and cleaning all of the filters anyway.

Comment

Thanks Keith.

I had had a look at your thread and thought about removing the bottle but after a few exporatory prods this looked a larger task then I thought. Is there a how to somewhere?

Comment

I promise it's not that hard.

The washer bottle is held on by the single black plastic screw you will see, then it simply lifts off. In order to fully remove, you need to pull the pumps out - this is done simply by pulling stright up. Just try not to lose the O-ring seals! They simply push back in afterwards too.

Very simple I assure you.

Comment

I will give it a shot at the weekend I will still replace the head though. I am worried that with renewed pressure I might pop the rear washer connector off as some people have had happen.

Comment

Got the bottle off and gave it a good clean. It seemed pretty reasonable, some bits of scum but nothing like yours Keith. Back washer is still gunked though so a replacement is in order.

Comment

I have poked needles in mine! removed left in de-scaler over night etc..still no good so ordered a new one ..not much money..and noted that the jets are shiney silver not brass like my ols one....was tempted to leave it off all together as when its not there you get a serious amount of water on the screen but empties the bottle in no time !

Comment

Working...
                                X