Carbon airbox/plenum by EVOLVE?MACMOTOREN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wadh0070 View Post
    I thought you were running it at an 8k redline anyway, with your new engine ...

Although that will have the improved bearing shells. Isn't it redlined at 8k in the M3 (cooling argument notwithstanding).

Edited to say: I see Chris beat me to it!

Jez
    I am, and some, but thats an e46 engine, basically i run a modified M3 map
    Last edited by BEN; 26-11-2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

We have 2 customers with S50 engines that are runing 8k RPM with ARP bolts. Both track their cars and drive hard.

Jason is one of them :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BEN View Post
        7800RPM, but you cant legislate for people changing from 4th to 3rd at 120mph!
        Never once missed a gear in the coupe you numpty! Plus i haven't tried but i don't think it would go in!!

I'm pretty sure you said mine was put at 8K, although never tested in the brief time i had the map on.

Current - BMW M6
        Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
        Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Never once missed a gear in the coupe you numpty! Plus i haven't tried but i don't think it would go in!!

I'm pretty sure you said mine was put at 8K, although never tested in the brief time i had the map on.
          hmmmm, OK Chris

Comment

hmmmm, OK Chris
            Ben, your new S54 engine is from the post Problematic B.Shells period, correct? If so, is it safe for it to run till 8000rpms, just like the M3E46 does, even though the engine bay of the Z3MC is smaller than the one of the M3 (thus, with possible cooling issues)?
            ///M Coupe 2001 S54 Steel Grey - Paulo M.
            -------------------------------------------
            ----- Sporting Clube Portugal - Forever -----

Comment

Originally posted by don.juan View Post
              Ben, your new S54 engine is from the post Problematic B.Shells period, correct? If so, is it safe for it to run till 8000rpms, just like the M3E46 does, even though the engine bay of the Z3MC is smaller than the one of the M3 (thus, with possible cooling issues)?
              yes thats right, for some reason i have been running really high oil temps of late so i will be putting a massive oil cooler in the front of the car so keep the temps down on trackdays etc. which are more than likely to get higher still when the 3.91 diff goes on!

Temp wise you should be fine running an 8k limit, lets be honest your not going to be bouncing off the limiter every gear are you

Comment

yes thats right, for some reason i have been running really high oil temps of late so i will be putting a massive oil cooler in the front of the car so keep the temps down on trackdays etc. which are more than likely to get higher still when the 3.91 diff goes on!

Temp wise you should be fine running an 8k limit, lets be honest your not going to be bouncing off the limiter every gear are you

What would consider to be an adequate oil temperature with your new engine and the 8000 rev. limit?
                I'm considering the 8000 rev. limit since I basically have a new engine...only the engine block remains the original...(I do not use the car for track days...so maybe no need for an additional oil cooler)

Comment

Originally posted by don.juan View Post
                  What would consider to be an adequate oil temperature with your new engine and the 8000 rev. limit?
                  I'm considering the 8000 rev. limit since I basically have a new engine...only the engine block remains the original...(I do not use the car for track days...so maybe no need for an additional oil cooler)
                  well i would like to keep the temp down to 90-100 even on track days even with the diff, at the moment im running 120 with 3.64, but im not sure why its that high, just one of the things on my "to sort out list"

Comment

well i would like to keep the temp down to 90-100 even on track days even with the diff, at the moment im running 120 with 3.64, but im not sure why its that high, just one of the things on my "to sort out list"
                    OK. Mine is usually between 100 and 105/110.

Comment

quality piece of kit would love one myself but ive spent all my spare monies on buying credit crunchies
                      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

care to test it out?
                        hopefully in the next few months i will be!!

Comment

Working...
                        X