Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > M Coupé Technical > Technical Discussion
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Administrator

the rear conversion should cost around £700 plus pads if needed,
which would get you new E46 M3 discs, used Porsche Brembo 996 calipers and adapter brackets no need for rear hoses if you already have Goodridge.

Last edited by Dave P; 28-09-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 17-04-2011, 05:21 PM

One more thing I forgot. Any chance this would be compatible with certain 17" wheels (stock or bbs)? This is more of a issue on the front side I guess...
Old 17-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inside View Post
One more thing I forgot. Any chance this would be compatible with certain 17" wheels (stock or bbs)? This is more of a issue on the front side I guess...
looks like it but you may have to fit a wheel spacer to clear the caliper depending on the wheel used,

quote from CA,

" CNC Machined Brackets are designed to fit a Porsche 996 Brembo front caliper to the E36 M3 front spindle. Two disc options are available for this brake kit. The first option is the standard E46 M3 325x28mm front disc. The standard E46 M3 rotor with fit with 17 inch wheels. Utilizing standard E46 M3 disc requires 12mm to be machined from the mounting boss of the caliper. The other disc option is for 18 inch wheels only, but requires no modification to the calipers. The E46 M3 CSL 345mm floating rotor is a bolt on setup for this bracket an a 996 caliper".
Old 17-04-2011, 05:49 PM

Default Rear Brake conversions

Why would you want to fit a large kit from OEM? Front perhaps--Yes!!-Rear ?????Are you going to Race/Competition events your daily MC-or the traffic light GP?.Track days on a regular basis--Who are you trying to outbrake the last of the latebrakers??.
Old 17-04-2011, 06:07 PM

The fronts are the initial reason and rears are just consequence.

Installing only front BBK is not a proper solution since its very hard to get the brake balance right, which can consequently lengthen the braking path. So its either OEM either front and rear BBK.
Old 17-04-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxam View Post
however if you are serious about track time I would go for carbonne loraine RC6 front (130 GBP) and RC4 rear (110 GBP)...not EBC fan at all and they are just marginally cheaper.
+1 Best pads I've ever used.
Old 17-04-2011, 08:47 PM

Funny, been trying to get hold of CL RC6 front pads for ooh about 14months now! :S each time I try there's either a fire at the factory or "on order"?

Anyone know anyone who can supply these at a decent price? Have been trying to source them through www.cl-braking.co.uk.

Speaking of brake balance, I generally run the past year or so Pagid RS29 front and Yellowstuff at the rear, but I fitted some CL RC6 to the rear and these pads are like a BBK in a brake pad, the brake balance changed noticeable and the car seems to brake "flatter"; I was a little concerned about too much rear bias but running much fatter R888s on the rear I had no lock up issus (plus the RS29s aren't a bad pad either at the front!). They seem to wear fairly quickly though and the dust is quite a lot.
Old 17-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Administrator

picture of Chippy's set up, 996 Brembo's, CSL 345mm discs, adapter brackets, longer brake hoses are needed for the front.

Old 17-04-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_w View Post
Funny, been trying to get hold of CL RC6 front pads for ooh about 14months now! :S each time I try there's either a fire at the factory or "on order"?

Anyone know anyone who can supply these at a decent price? Have been trying to source them through www.cl-braking.co.uk.

Speaking of brake balance, I generally run the past year or so Pagid RS29 front and Yellowstuff at the rear, but I fitted some CL RC6 to the rear and these pads are like a BBK in a brake pad, the brake balance changed noticeable and the car seems to brake "flatter"; I was a little concerned about too much rear bias but running much fatter R888s on the rear I had no lock up issus (plus the RS29s aren't a bad pad either at the front!). They seem to wear fairly quickly though and the dust is quite a lot.
http://www.cl-brakes.co.uk/carbone-l...rake-pads.html

I would give them a call before just to be on the safe side - have ordered 5 pairs so far (was running too many cars at some point) and they delivered pretty fast. So far I am happy with the wear and they are not aggressive on the discs. They are very very dusty, a bit noisy but have amazing stopping power even if they are cold - so yes, very usable in traffic and very good at the track.

Chris, are you going to the ring over the Easter weekend? We are a nice group - me (either mustang or z3m), my brother with the z4m, m3 csl, e39 m5 novak N500, porsche 928s and some other toys.
Old 18-04-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_w View Post

There was genuinely an issue at the factory which affected supply. Try Paul Chance on 07974 153967, he brings them into the UK.

Last edited by c_w; 18-04-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Tags
bbk, porsche brakes