Replacement head units - what you got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broccers View Post

PS If you have a BMW business unit with HK please believe me you really need to get rid of it as soon as you can!
    That's funny because I had the factory setup with HK , CD changer, sub etc and when I changed the headunit to my Becker it sounded the same to me, well not that much better. I think however, a headunit like that does sound better as it has more adjustability. I long for some mid-tone adjustment so I can lower it, instead of just bass and treble as it sounds too harsh to me.

Comment

Initially, with zero adjustment, I thought the same with this Chris.

After a day or so I decided to read the instructions on how to set everything up as its not apparent at first. With loudness on and a customised EQ curve + or - db (low, mid, hi) I am absolutely amazed at the difference. Honestly, it's like a whole new system, speakers included.

Comment

Brockers are you talking about the buisness unit ?? if yes where are the other adjustments?

Comment

Yes, the BMW Business h.u. with standard HK. You can actually hear the door and roof speakers in a whole new way such is the controllability.

Comment

I fitted a secondhand JVC NX5000 in mine a couple of months ago. I could not believe the sound improvement over the standard head unit with the HK setup and I am really fussy when it comes to sound quality. It also has full Sat Nav for Europe with a clear bright display. It also has a 24GB hard drive so you don't need to connect an ipod to it. I don't even use that i just record my songs on to a dvd and play from that. It will also play Video DVD's on it small screen. It will also output the video but I can't room for the 42" plasma.

The only downside is it has loads of functions which make it complicated in use. It also doesn't really blend in to well with the coupes retro look but I will live with it because it is so good. Bluetooth is an add on option but I don't need it.
            Ex 2000 S50 - Oxford Green II

Comment

I have a Becker Cascade with iPod but I took it out before I sold the car as I thought I might put it in the next car. I'm in two minds now so I might put it up for sale and get a touchscreen for the Pork. Anyway, the Becker was good, done everything in one small package.

Comment

how much do you want for it ?? speed

Comment

Not sure. I'm away with work at the moment. When I get a chance I'll PM you what I've got and what I think it's worth.

Comment

Single din JVC with Nav and ipod

02 LSB ///Mcoupe moonroof delete
                    90 E30 M3 (DINAN turbo)
                    74 02 turbo #186

Comment

Looks great, Broccers.

The more flashy headunits certainly 'work' alongside the black/estoril interior.
                      Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
                      In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

Saw this on another forum,

Comment

How on earth did he do that!? It says bloody kia

Comment

One for sale,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2319398949...741&rmvSB=true

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave P;163715]Saw this on another forum,

Anyone know how yo do this ????

Comment

[QUOTE
                                Anyone know how yo do this ????[/QUOTE]

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...nit-for-the-z3

Comment

Working...
                                X