Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10mm Spacers, causing brakes to over heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10mm Spacers, causing brakes to over heat?

Hey everyone I recently added 10mm spacers to my 98 M Roadster. After driving the car for a bit I've noticed that there is more smell coming from the brakes. I cam also feel allot of heat coming from the wheel well, that I didn't notice before. Is it possible that adding the spacers caused a change in air flow and thus the discs are over heating?...

I doubt that, sounds like a jammed brake piston
    S50 - '99 Estoril/Estoril-Black
    Mods - KW 3 Coilovers, H&R ARBs, Raid steering wheel, Wiechers Sport half-rollcage & strut brace, Simota CAI, Powerflex front and beam bushes, Beyern Mesh 18".

Comment

It probably won't change the airflow but it might change the heat dissipation through the wheels, but usually spacers are made of aluminium and are solid so there shouldn't be much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMicko
        I doubt that, sounds like a jammed brake piston
        What do I need to look for to check this, or is this something where the car should be serviced?

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
          It probably won't change the airflow but it might change the heat dissipation through the wheels, but usually spacers are made of aluminium and are solid so there shouldn't be much difference.
          Yes the spacers are aluminum, I even cleaned the surface of both the rotor and rim with steel wool to remove the corrosion that had built up, so that it would be a clean and smooth contact.

Comment

Working...
          X