No announcement yet.

its for sale again !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think because the bodywork looks so naff it puts more people off. It needs to be priced around £25-30k max I think and have standard bodypanels refitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
      If you dont mind me asking, how much does such a conversion cost?
      £5000 for the conversion work, including wiring up ECU and all gauges so they work like OEM.

Engines with gearbox and all ancillaries start from about £3500 for a pull out or you can buy crated motors from many US suppliers. 5.7 through to 7.0 are available.

Budget on a bit more for headers and other bits and bobs.......And of course the world is very much your oyster with engine tuning parts. Depending on what you choose, you can expect 350bhp - 600bhp for naturally aspirated motors and really big numbers with forced induction.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
        £5000 for the conversion work, including wiring up ECU and all gauges so they work like OEM.

Engines with gearbox and all ancillaries start from about £3500 for a pull out or you can buy crated motors from many US suppliers. 5.7 through to 7.0 are available.

Budget on a bit more for headers and other bits and bobs.......And of course the world is very much your oyster with engine tuning parts. Depending on what you choose, you can expect 350bhp - 600bhp for naturally aspirated motors and really big numbers with forced induction.
        Sorry if being daft here but did the £5k include the cost of the engine itself?

What gearbox are you using?

Apologies for all the questions, just a very interesting topic!! If there is a seperate thread with all this detail in that I have missed please tell me to save you answering!
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

No it'll be the conversion costs + the £3.5k+ for the engine.

Comment

Sorry if being daft here but did the £5k include the cost of the engine itself?

What gearbox are you using?

Apologies for all the questions, just a very interesting topic!! If there is a seperate thread with all this detail in that I have missed please tell me to save you answering!
            c_w is correct.......Conversion is £5K labour (Bespoke mounts,propshaft,wiring etc) Engine is on top.

Gearbox is 6 speed Tremec T-56, clutch is good to about 500hp so over that a comp clutch is a good idea.
            Last edited by fok; 12-04-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Does your friend have a website? I've often thought about picking up a cheap blown RX-7 and getting an LS fitted.

Comment

c_w is correct.......Conversion is £5K labour (Bespoke mounts,propshaft,wiring etc) Engine is on top.

Gearbox is 6 speed Tremec T-56, clutch is good to about 500hp so over that a comp clutch is a good idea.
                Not a cheap job then but a lot of work involved for it. 500hp in a ZMC, especially in the wet, must be fun!

The AP's look great, are they under 18" rims?
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Jame5 View Post
                  Does your friend have a website? I've often thought about picking up a cheap blown RX-7 and getting an LS fitted.
                  No, he's an old school spanner twiddler.......He does the phone: Craig at DynoTourque 0121 753 0415.

LS* powered RX7's is what he does mainly........He's done loads.

Comment

Not a cheap job then but a lot of work involved for it. 500hp in a ZMC, especially in the wet, must be fun!

The AP's look great, are they under 18" rims?
                    Mine owes about £20K all in for the car, conversion, KW V3's, AP's, Pole Positions etc......I used up loads of favours and contacts to keep costs down to a minimum.

I'm happy with that and love it, but realise spending £20K plus on a bitsa is not for everyone.

Comment

I've seen pictures of yours Fok, but do you have any videos? I would like to hear the noise it puts out!
                      2002 BMW M Coupe (S54) in Sapphire Black with Imola Red Interior @ OEM+ Spec **Now with Wheels** **SOLD**

Need a holiday? Click here!

Comment

Mine owes about £20K all in for the car, conversion, KW V3's, AP's, Pole Positions etc......I used up loads of favours and contacts to keep costs down to a minimum.

I'm happy with that and love it, but realise spending £20K plus on a bitsa is not for everyone.
                        You going to do any track days with it? There's a few this year I'm doing (Snetterton in June, BMW Car Club day at Croft in July and Donington in July)

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                          You going to do any track days with it? There's a few this year I'm doing (Snetterton in June, BMW Car Club day at Croft in July and Donington in July)
                          Yep, I'd do some local stuff. Silverstone, Donington, Mallory, Rockingham, Bedford etc

That's why I had your Federals for my spare standard rims. Just need some 5mm spacers to clear the AP's when on stock rims.
                          Last edited by fok; 12-04-2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Yep, I'd do some local stuff. Silverstone, Donington, Mallory, Rockingham, Bedford etc

That's why I had your Federals for my spare standard rims. Just need some 5mm spacers to clear the AP's when on stock rims.
                            There's a Circuit Days trackday at Donington, open pitlane - on Northloop (not sure if you post on there?) there's a discount code (unique per person) you can get from the moderator on there that knocks almost £45 off)

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Northloop...howtopic=34037

Comment

...on stock rims.
                              yeah get it back on those asap!!!

Click here to email me

Comment

Just need some 5mm spacers to clear the AP's when on stock rims.
                                Do those AP's fit under stock rims then? What kit is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X