Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Euro" expansion tank phot request

Hey!

US S52 Mcoupe owner here and I'm looking for photos/insight of the "Euro" coolant expansion tank that is mounted behind the right strut and the firewall. Specifically I am looking for details on the "rear" mounting bracket, as all the info I can find on the US forums is for an E36 M3 that uses a different rear mount.

Can anyone provide good photos of the mount and/or a part number?

I'd found this photo during my searching on Bimmerforums, but no shots of the bracket specifically.

Cheers!
    Last edited by robb1887; 04-11-2014, 07:43 PM.

Welcome to the forum the picture is not showing?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      Welcome to the forum the picture is not showing?
      Thanks!

Don't know whats up with the photo? It's loading for me. Pretty much I'm just looking for detailed photos of a right hand side mounted coolant expansion tank and its mounting brackets. I'm trying source the parts to retro fit it into my S52 US based chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by robb1887 View Post
        ... Pretty much I'm just looking for detailed photos of a right hand side mounted coolant expansion tank and its mounting brackets. I'm trying source the parts to retro fit it into my S52 US based chassis.

Hi,

Assuming you're looking at an S50 config ... these aren't probably detailed enough - its the seller's photos of a car I am buying, which is a 2000 LHD Euro model (S50) {with tank on the RH side}. Perhaps this is the config you are looking for - I think most of the guys on this forum are RHD owners in the UK. Sorry I don't have detailed photos but I should have the car in about a week - if you don't get a photo sooner I'll certainly be happy to get and post closeup photos and give you the details.

Comment

Completely different set up on RHD so cant help with any pictures I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by Brett In Tokyo View Post
            if you don't get a photo sooner I'll certainly be happy to get and post closeup photos and give you the details.
            This is exactly what I'm looking for, the photos you provided already do not have the details I am looking for. The mounting brackets for that expansion tank is what I'm trying to figure out. I believe I have the forward one figured out, but the rear bracket is still a mystery, as well as how the power post mounts/moves.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Fabian may be able to help ,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...t=17131&page=2

worth a pm

Comment

Some pictures of a LHD shell for sale in Germany

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Z3-M-COUP...item3f18218829

Comment

Who ever decided to make the background all white made a POOR decision.

Unfortunately I cannot see what I'm looking for in the photos they provide. Thanks for the info though!

Comment

Thanks!

Don't know whats up with the photo? It's loading for me. Pretty much I'm just looking for detailed photos of a right hand side mounted coolant expansion tank and its mounting brackets. I'm trying source the parts to retro fit it into my S52 US based chassis.
                    Here's a detailed photo of right hand side coolant expansion tank mount and brackets there. When I finish my paint, leather & inside renewal projects I'll start engine compartment, engine & underbody renewal projects ( at least 2 months later) I'll take many photos step by step when the engine compartment is getting empty for refresh & renewal ;)
                    Last edited by Dave P; 19-01-2023, 06:28 PM.
                    I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
                    sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

That's awesome Cemal. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Comment

It looks like all three of these pieces are used.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...26&hg=41&fg=10

Time to start ordering parts I guess.

Comment

That's awesome Cemal. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!
                          No problem
                          I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
                          sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Working...
                          X