Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger door mirror - its stuck!

Hi,

my car is in the paintshop this week to correct a few bits, however, they cant remove the passenger door mirror as it wont rotate to get to the allen key heads.

They tell me they've used some releasing spray etc. but with no joy. The base has the usual corrosion (again) but cant see that being the cause.

Has anyone had this issue and found a way around it?

Cheers
    Ian
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

I know it takes considerable pull out before being able to turn,

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
      Hi,

my car is in the paintshop this week to correct a few bits, however, they cant remove the passenger door mirror as it wont rotate to get to the allen key heads.

They tell me they've used some releasing spray etc. but with no joy. The base has the usual corrosion (again) but cant see that being the cause.

Has anyone had this issue and found a way around it?

Cheers
      Ian
      Hi Ian,

As Kwoffa said, make sure that they are lifting the mirror/ pulling before trying to rotate. Mirror has to be lifted off locating pins on the base before rotating!

Best of luck.
      S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Cheers!

Off there now to see if I can help!
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

As im sure youre all dying to know....I managed to sort the mirror!

Cheers guys

Comment

Was it a "lift and turn" issue? Don't think mine have ever been moved.
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
              Was it a "lift and turn" issue? Don't think mine have ever been moved.

I think so, yes. The guy painting it said he had been trying that but im not so sure.....

I turned up after work in my shirt/suit and just did it; felt a little guilty that some office boy just turned up and sorted it

Comment

Well done! Am tempted to try mine to lubricate /clean, but have no plinth corrosion issues. Think I might stay in the "if it ain't broke......" frame.
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Glad its sorted !

Comment

I turn my mirrors in a couple of times a year and spray a bit of silicon grease on the 'lock stub' - I'm sure if has a a technical name, but other than 'knob and hole' I'm struggling
                    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                      I turn my mirrors in a couple of times a year and spray a bit of silicon grease on the 'lock stub' - I'm sure if has a a technical name, but other than 'knob and hole' I'm struggling
                      Good preventative maintenance, but i'm not sure i'm brave enough to start this at 16 years of age (car not me, unfortunately).

Comment

Working...
                      X