No announcement yet.

///M Badge Refurb Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK guys I can see the reason for calling the middle stripe purple now and after looking closer in different lighting conditions there is a definate hint of purple there.

I have been doing some badges this weekend and took the oportunity to compare the original colours against the vinyls I am doing and I hope you can see how close a match there is from the picture below.

S54 badges are now available so I will update the first post in due course.
    Last edited by Aceman; 18-02-2013, 06:26 PM.
    Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
    ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

That looks as near as you can get it! well done...

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
        Because they're colour blind?
        Happy to eat my words here. Had the car out for the first time in a while at weekend and made a point of looking. You're absolutely right, there's a lot more red in that middle stripe than I thought
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
          Happy to eat my words here. Had the car out for the first time in a while at weekend and made a point of looking. You're absolutely right, there's a lot more red in that middle stripe than I thought

Comment

The middle stripe colour is said to be, a mix of the 2 outer stripe colours combined.

Click here to email me

Comment

Just ordered a set :) thanks
              Paul
              ///Made for sideways action

Comment

Received, I will get them sorted for you tonight and out in the post tomorrow.

Many thanks
                Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Comment

Received, thanks :)

Before -
                  [IMG] image by Paulmcoupe, on[/IMG]

After -
                  [IMG] image by Paulmcoupe,[/IMG]

It helps using hot water being poured over the old vinyl to loosen it and make it bendy as old one it very brittle and just kept coming off in little pieces.

And noticed the new one may be a bit big by 1 or 2mm?? As the original one had a small gap around the edge where u could see chrome?
                  The new one goes right to the edges, just saying from observation, not complaining ;)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback I will make minor adjustments for the next ones then. The main thing is are you happy with the colour match ?
                    Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Comment

Yeah the blue's look spot on, just my 'red' stripe is a bit dark? not red red if you know what I mean :)

Comment

Thanks for posting a before and after Paul...looks a whole lot better,how did you get on with the side ones?

Comment

Haven't done side ones yet, they look ok so not sure whether to do them or wait a bit

Comment

Originally posted by paulm3 View Post
                            Haven't done side ones yet, they look ok so not sure whether to do them or wait a bit
                            Get them done, no point saving them for a rainy day!
                            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

After volunteering to be Acemans guinea pig for S54 badges I have received them back today and I am impressed, they look so much better, goes to show just how much they do fade!

Its only a phone camera photo shrunk to post easily but you get the idea of how much better they look...

Its a quick and easy way to brighten up your MC, highly recommend!

Thanks Ian
                              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Thanks Ian for the endorsement, I must say the S54 badges do look good and I prefer them to the flat S50 badges but it would be so wrong to put them on my S50 MR.

Glad you like them.
                                Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Comment

Working...
                                X