Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
    RIGHT, OK....

I have physically seen, touched and sat in the below 'rubbish' dreadful, tatty, un-loved, disaster (once blue) M Coupe first registered in Japan.

I would guess they are of a similar nature to one another.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ault&logcode=p
    In this context you are referring to a certain car and in your original post you had referred to a certain race. Perhaps from your contextual viewpoint you may see it as one.

Comment

Originally posted by Imolacoupe22 View Post
      Last time I checked this is a car forum, a place where we all come to talk about cars, mostly (as the title suggests) about M Coupes. A predominantly male environment where we can all hopefully speak easy and have a bit of banter. Now don't get me wrong, I much prefer the helpful and friendly nature of this forum compared to others, but as a member of M3 Cutters and CSL Register I witness a lot more piss taking and potentially offensive comments being thrown back and forth. This is a perfect example of political correctness going mad in my opinion and if somebody can't say Japanese rubbish in reference to what is only nuts and bolts then we really are all doomed. This can in no way be a racist comment in my opinion. If anyone (regardless of ethnicity) said British crap I would not take that as a racist attack, in fact I would think about some of the sh*t that my good friend ships out to Australia. These are mostly high mileage, abused Porsche 996's that they are happy to pay a premium for. Any car loving Australian Porsche forum member would probably refer to these as "British Rubbish" and would be correct.
      I'm sure there are many opinions on this and I certainly don't want to get into a massive debate, this is a car forum after all and it would only detract from what we all really care about, cars.
      Thank you, I acknowledge you for taking the time to write that.

Now moving on...

Comment

RIGHT, OK....

I have physically seen, touched and sat in the below 'rubbish' dreadful, tatty, un-loved, disaster (once blue) M Coupe first registered in Japan.

I would guess they are of a similar nature to one another.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ault&logcode=p
        This white car and the black one could have almost come from the same Japanese stable, with similar track mods. They must like tracking Z3MCs in Japan.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by Imolacoupe22 View Post
          Last time I checked this is a car forum, a place where we all come to talk about cars, mostly (as the title suggests) about M Coupes. A predominantly male environment where we can all hopefully speak easy and have a bit of banter. Now don't get me wrong, I much prefer the helpful and friendly nature of this forum compared to others, but as a member of M3 Cutters and CSL Register I witness a lot more piss taking and potentially offensive comments being thrown back and forth. This is a perfect example of political correctness going mad in my opinion and if somebody can't say Japanese rubbish in reference to what is only nuts and bolts then we really are all doomed. This can in no way be a racist comment in my opinion. If anyone (regardless of ethnicity) said British crap I would not take that as a racist attack, in fact I would think about some of the sh*t that my good friend ships out to Australia. These are mostly high mileage, abused Porsche 996's that they are happy to pay a premium for. Any car loving Australian Porsche forum member would probably refer to these as "British Rubbish" and would be correct.
          I'm sure there are many opinions on this and I certainly don't want to get into a massive debate, this is a car forum after all and it would only detract from what we all really care about, cars.
          Hear hear.

Anyhow. You are right. We share a passion for a unique BMW model and thankfully this forum is made up of respectful individuals and not youngsters who 'think' they know it all. M3 Cutters is a huge community and the Z4 forum is diverse and reflective of the Z4 variant. I find the CSL Register interesting and I adore the CSL, their forum is comparable to this forum.

Let's not dwel on negativity, opinions are positive, sheep like behaviour IMO less so.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

@ V1-Rotate, did you manage to find a suitable coupe or still searching?

Comment

Originally posted by V1-Rotate View Post
              I think this is untrue. Target have had a CAT C/D/A whatever you may call it S54 yellow M coupe for ages. This car is originally from UK.
              V1- Rotate. I stand by what I state. Whatever the registering country, be it, British, German, Japanese,French or Swedish they have nothing to do with 'race' but the place of origin. Let's all be adults here. A motor car doesn't have feelings or be part of a human race. Well, apart from a 'race car' but that's another subject altogether.

If what you say above is correct then the 'Cat C/D' is relevant but not my rationale for my well judged opinion. Thankfully, long term ownership, obsessive fact-finding and now my dream job allows me to really understand this model. I don't like to negativity criticise anything in life, let alone our M Coupe, however, being honest and transparent is very important to me and if you don't see that then so be it....
              Last edited by KnightsG; 10-02-2016, 11:57 PM.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

I'm sure that my car does have feelings
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                  I'm sure that my car does have feelings

Ha - saved me writing that.
                  S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Well it's a while since we had such a ridiculous twist of thread
                    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I think this is untrue. Target have had a CAT C/D/A whatever you may call it S54 yellow M coupe for ages. This car is originally from UK.
                      Those limey bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post
                        @ V1-Rotate, did you manage to find a suitable coupe or still searching?
                        Hi Mate,

No I have bought one since.

Comment

V1- Rotate. I stand by what I state. Whatever the registering country, be it, British, German, Japanese,French or Swedish they have nothing to do with 'race' but the place of origin. Let's all be adults here. A motor car doesn't have feelings or be part of a human race. Well, apart from a 'race car' but that's another subject altogether.

If what you say above is correct then the 'Cat C/D' is relevant but not my rationale for my well judged opinion. Thankfully, long term ownership, obsessive fact-finding and now my dream job allows me to really understand this model. I don't like to negativity criticise anything in life, let alone our M Coupe, however, being honest and transparent is very important to me and if you don't see that then so be it....
                          I'm slightly flabbergasted by what you write. Slight contrary to what you previously wrote. Your first comment was a direct implication to a race. Ownership of an m coupe by a certain race. In my opinion, if I am to be adult about matters, which you say then I ought to air my thoughts as I did. Saying "rubbish bmw" is different to adjoining it to a race or creed.

On a side note, I'm happy to read you have your dream job. Lucky you.

Comment

On a side note. I do own a CSL for 10 years plus and haven't come across something like this on the CSL register.

Comment

Lets expand on this thread and make things more interesting.
                              Here's my contribution from the sideline:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...tive-cars.html

Comment

Hi Mate,

No I have bought one since.
                                Good work

Comment

Working...
                                X