Window sealing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window sealing

At higher speeds :wink: my driver side window seal whistles with wind noise. On examination it looks as though the window doesn't lift into the seal (when it does its auto close when you shut the door) quite as high as it does on the passenger side.

Is there an easy adjustment somewhere to fix this?

Its under extended warranty but I don't suppose this sort of adjustment is covered - or is it ?
    Col N.
    Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
    ex Audi S4 Avant
    ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
    ex Porsche 968

My window motors were struggling to lift the glass fully home, so i wiped silicon spray onto the rubbers, and they work a treat.
    The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
    RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Re: Window sealing

Originally posted by ZiggyCol
      Its under extended warranty but I don't suppose this sort of adjustment is covered - or is it ?
      I would have said so - say its leaking when you high pressure wash it.

Comment

Had mine done under warranty. It was the micro switch in the window mechanism

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

my driver side (left :wink: ) window doesn't close 100% because the rubber lining has come loose of the roof (just a bit). Nothing to worry about, though ops:

"Café-Racer mit Raketentrieb"

Comment

I've had this problem also, I fixed this by removing the inner door panel, where access to the window mechanism can be gained there is a allen bolt on the bottom of the mechanism that is used to adjust the height of the window pain within the holder.

Comment

I knew someone would be able to help - is removing the inner door panel an easy job? If so it might be more convenient doing it myself instead of trying to coerce the stealer to do it under warranty.
              Col N.
              Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
              ex Audi S4 Avant
              ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
              ex Porsche 968

Comment

If you are going to DIY this links may help.
                http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...75&hg=51&fg=50

Comment

Working...
                X