Replacement glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement glass

I know - it was my fault for leaving my GPS mount in the car. Anyhow, my beautiful ZM was broken into last night, front passenger window smashed to bits. (nothing stolen). The alarm didnt go off as is not working at the moment - was supposed to have been fixed by BMW last week - ironically due to go back to them today...!

Now i am facing the nightmare of getting new glass. RAC have already turned up with the wrong glass (M3 coupe) despite my clear instruction of what car i have. Apparently, Germany and the UK is out of stock so have to get one from US which could take up to 2 weeks. Does anyone know anywhere else i could go to in the meantime?

I have now learnt my lesson - to remove everything from sight in the car!

Funny thing was they didnt bother to take my Pioneer CD player...?

where are you based?

Comment

am based in Fulham......

Comment

Rear and side glass will be pretty rare I'd say as this glass isn't shared with the much more common Z3 Roadster (unlike the windscreen).

Comment

You may be lucky (and i mean VERY lucky) with a breakers such as www.fabdirect.com.
          I would ring them as the e'mail back' service seems a little slow.
          The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
          RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Fark!

I park my car regularly in West Kensington, as I have a flat there.

Better watch out then :shock:

Comment

Working...
            X